Doctors appointment

dollface79

Reaction score
I have my first doctors appointment tonight at 7pm... as i have never done this before i'm nervous as hell! What should i expect?

Is it with a midwife? If so it'll just be your booking in appointment. She'll probably go through a booklet with you just asking general questions about the baby, your health, the father of the child etc. Nothing to worry about :)

No it's with a normal doctor.. i assume he will just refer me to a midwife? I have no clue lol

well at least he will do nowt but refer you to a mw and have a lil chat about what u want to do.
at most he will do a urine test and then refer you to a mw lol.

That's ok then, my other half is trying to freak me out i think saying he's going to do hundreds of tests on me!!!

When I went to my docs the first time I was asked about my dates and what hospital I want to go to. She gave me a magazine and said about the most important bits to read I.e. diet. And she referred me to my midwife which I got a letter through the door. She also explained where my midwife was based. :)

I didn't even see a doctor, I just rang my GP surgery and said I was pregnant so needed to book in with midwife, so the receptionist booked me in with her straight away.

I doubt the doctor will do much with you today, probably just say 'OK I will refer you to Midwife'.
Nothing to worry about :D

I saw dr today he just filled out paperwork to get me into the system! And booked next app with midwife!

i seen doc today had to see them before being referred to midwife, she took my blood pressure, checked my heart beat, poked my tummy a lil and asked me when was my last period, metioned do and dont but have looked into this anyway and said she was going to write letter to midwife but i asked if i could phone midwife tomoz to get the ball moving quicker so she gave me contact details. let us know how you get on xxx

Hi im back. Just like you said really few questions and told me no sex or hard work because of the pains I have been getting!!

I have my first appointment on Tuesday. Seems quicker than some people get!!

I have my first appointment on Tuesday. Seems quicker than some people get!!

Ooo yeah it is! I remember ringing up for mine and she didn't book me in til I was about 8-9 weeks. I said to her 'Are you sure I'm meant to see her that far on and not before?' and she said yeah.

Hope it goes ok :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back