Doctor Who

Doodles

Reaction score
Anybody else devestated at the choice of the new Doctor? I surprised myself with the language that came out of my mouth :shock: Most people scream like that at sports, but not me, no. Thankfully Doodles was playing upstairs :roll:

Absolutely thrilled, he is a stellar actor, one of the best we have in the UK and he will be amazing.

Love that this is going to challenge a lot of opinions held by fans about what the Doctor should be, and explore the dynamics and older Doctor has with his companions for a new generation.

I would celebrate with a gif but all my Capaldi ones are rude :lol:

I think what annoys me most (other than the fact that I don't find him a good actor) is that, yet again, Moffat has re-used someone that has already appeared on the show. It does annoy me that people are complaining about his age/looks though as that has nothing to do with Doctor Who, it doesn't make him who he is.
I suppose the upside is they didn't pick a woman, so got to be greatful for something. I'll give him a chance, after all it took me a little while to like Matt Smith & now he's an equal to David Tennant in my eyes

I think what annoys me most (other than the fact that I don't find him a good actor) is that, yet again, Moffat has re-used someone that has already appeared on the show. It does annoy me that people are complaining about his age/looks though as that has nothing to do with Doctor Who, it doesn't make him who he is.
I suppose the upside is they didn't pick a woman, so got to be greatful for something. I'll give him a chance, after all it took me a little while to like Matt Smith & now he's an equal to David Tennant in my eyes

It's not a Moffat thing though, it's been done right back since the start of Who with various actors, and is how the 6th Doctor was cast too :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375709841.133511.jpg

Jellytot was happy enough with the new doctor ;) xx

I think he will be well received, it took me a fair while to accept Matt, DT was my doctor <3 x looking forward to it xxx

omg so cute! I'll give him a chance as I wasn't convinced about Matt Smith at first but now I love him just as much (even more in some respects!) as David Tennant. I've found myself getting really annoyed at silly little girls who complain he's too old though, he's 908 for crying out loud :lol:

View attachment 40884

Jellytot was happy enough with the new doctor :wink: xx

I think he will be well received, it took me a fair while to accept Matt, DT was my doctor <3 x looking forward to it xxx

Yeah but your love of DT is like the eternal flame. :p How cute is she in that! We need to get her 6 & 7 ones with the outfits on (I'm tempted to design them!)

Am gutted over the new doctor who, i haven't watched it since david tennant, matt smith ruined dr who for me, but i don't like the new choice so STILL won't be watching

To be fair though the whole point of doctor who is that the doctor changes? I did find it difficult to like Matt but I still enjoyed the stories and through doing that I cane to like him as the doctor x

Kitty have you seen what nk had for j?? It's well top!!!

To be fair though the whole point of doctor who is that the doctor changes? I did find it difficult to like Matt but I still enjoyed the stories and through doing that I cane to like him as the doctor x

Agreed. Matt soon became my New Who favourite, especially after I saw DT in Hamlet and realised just how amazing an actor he is and how limited he was by a lot of the scripts.

For me there is something very believably alien about Matt, he's a brilliant actor with an excellent range.

P-Cap is the 6th Doctor since *my* Doctor, and I love them all, as the face may change but the complex, brainy, dear man within is always the same :love: I could never stop watching the show.

Agreed. Matt soon became my New Who favourite, especially after I saw DT in Hamlet and realised just how amazing an actor he is and how limited he was by a lot of the scripts.

For me there is something very believably alien about Matt, he's a brilliant actor with an excellent range.

P-Cap is the 6th Doctor since *my* Doctor, and I love them all, as the face may change but the complex, brainy, dear man within is always the same :love: I could never stop watching the show.

This, exactly this xxx

There are doctors I like more, but I wouldn't stop watching because of a regeneration xx can't wait for the special :D

OOh Im really dissapointed , there was a chance to move away from thin white british men and it feels like a step backwards. If there is a type who has carte blanche power in our socieity it is this type of person and to then have him be the hero when the door was open for someone much more an outlier of society to become one. I feel that the only remedy is to make him evil (due to time lord dna deterioration or something!!)

I would have loved it to be sherridan smith.

Bit dubious now and sad to see matt smith leaving.

ps forgot to say how cute is jellytot , adoreable lovely fabulous to see her looking well after all you went through honey.
xDaisy

<3 awe thanks Hun <3 I know that you have followed our journey all the way through and I am glad you have seen her pic here :D xxx I've just come from your thread actually lol xxx best of luck this month babe :D

How cool would it be to have some completely out there female as the doctor? I know there would be a lot of fans very unhappy but c'mon lol xxx

I'm less annoyed about Peter Cappoldi now (though I still don't think he's right for The Doctor), I can now see his face without my blood boiling :blush:

I dread to think what my reaction would have been if it had been a female doctor :rofl: tbh that was my worst fear when it came to the newest re-generation. I LOVE Sheridan Smith but would much rather see her as a companion. My ideal choice would have been some-one similar to Benedict Cumberbatch, he would have been amazing & so perfect in my eyee but perhaps a little too well knownn so maybe an unknown actor similar to BC x

Oh oh oh on the note of BC, just thought I'd mention.....he's filming down my way for the new season of Sherlock :cloud9: I was practically jumping jumping up & down in Asda when I saw the front page of our local paper :blush:

Haha as mad as a female doctor would be I don't think it will be happening, not anytime soon anyway, most of the fan base would be growling, it's got to be an interesting looking caucasian male with a weird edge... There's always fanfic

Haha as mad as a female doctor would be I don't think it will be happening, not anytime soon anyway, most of the fan base would be growling, it's got to be an interesting looking caucasian male with a weird edge... There's always fanfic

Yup, and the financial truth of it is that its those fan's who generate the income for the show.

Am I the only person who wants Whoopi Goldberg as a timelord? Lol xxx

I love love love that Peter Capaldi is going to be the new Doctor! Loved him in the Torchwood: Children of Earth series. His perfomance was moving and really good.

I will never tire of Doctor Who! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back