Doctor made an appointment for scan at 5 weeks, I am thinking of changing it to 6.

Lilalylola

Reaction score
Today the doctor referred me to the early pregnancy unit again, due to recurrent miscarriages.
He made the appointment for 5 weeks while the early pregnancy unit would like to see me at 6 weeks.
I am thinking about phoning in tomorrow and moving it a week up as I don't want to put myself through the worry of seeing nothing at 5 weeks...

Thoughts?

I'v heard it's better at 6 weeks as sometimes they can't detect the heartbeat at 5weeks. You have more chance at seeing the heartbeat at 6weeks.

I would def wait until six weeks. I had a scan at the epau at 6+2 and they still warned they may not see anything as so early.. Luckily we were able to see a hb which was amazing x

Wait. Super early scans are like taking pregnancy tests super early- you are usually left with more confusion, anxiety, and doubt than reassurance.

I had a scan at 5 weeks and at 6 weeks. The 5 week scan made me far more anxious as there was nothing to see and I honestly thought baby wasn't growing. I went back a week later and there was a teeny splodge. If you feel comfortable with waiting a bit longer, I would do

Definitely wait, it'll only cause you stress and anxiety that you don't need xx

That's what I thought as well, not sure why doctor booked me in for 5 weeks.
I do not feel comfortable going at 5 weeks because i know I will worry because nothing will be seen.
I hope they will let me change it a week..

I'm actually surprised the EPU booked you that early as they'll know you are unlikely to see anything xx
Fingers crossed everything is ok for you this time xx

I'd go at 6 I had one done at 4 and couldn't see anything so told me to come bk a week later. Made me worry all week, good luck xx

Hi there, I would definitely change it to 6 or preferably 7 weeks. Best of luck xxx

Early scans are horrendous! I had one day tens ago at 5wks and today a rescan and it doesn't look like the baby has grown yet the sac has. But there is no way to tell bar bloods and another scan in two weeks! Wait for the pregnancy to progress a bit before adding anxiety. Wouldn't want anyone to feel how I feel right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back