Docs appt

T84

Reaction score
Had a meltdown at spotting last night! It was stressing me out as still no sign of af, day 6 of spotting and a bfn test. Googled last night and panicked about fibroids and short lutheal phases. Got a telephone appt from doc who asked me to go in. He was really helpful actually. Told a wee white lie that we have been trying for 10 months (it's been 7) he was sympathetic to the situation, had a wee check down there... Euch! No fibroids or anything to worry about. Said ovulation and cycles can go a bit haywore after mc. Discussed 21 days bloods and agreed to do them but extended it a bit as my cycles are longer. Made an appt for 8 July to take blood to check for that and various other things. Feel a bit better and calmer today... Now to wait to see if I'm ovulating correctly!! Just shows there is hope girls so fx x x

Aw you're doctor sounds lovely! Well done on making the appointment. Hopefully everything checks out okay for you x

Thanks waah, hope your ok after witch coming :-( x x

Ah, I'm grand thanks! I'm going to try one of those home fsh tests this month, then it's off to the doctors for me next month.

its so much better when you have a decent doctor! xx

So lovely thst you have a supportive gp. I have to say though that I didn't think that they could detect uterine fibroids from an examination, they had to rule is out for me and sent me for a scan. Polyps can cause mid cycle spotting and sometimes there seems to be no reason. I have spotted before periods for 2 years. I had had numerous scans and nothing found. They didn't seem to concerned at all so don't think its that unusual xx

Glad your having your blood test, can only help to put your mind at ease xx

My GP has done 21 day bloods this month will be having cd3 bloods next week as bnf today cd26 of 28 :-(
(progesterone 33)

She says she will then refer me to fertility clinic if I want her to, I have said no for the time being as know I could do it in January don't know why I cant now! Almost don't want to admit their may be a problem!

However since miscarriage spotting for a few days before AF, pain from ovulation until AF. None of this I had before! Think some people are lucky and miscarriage 'prepares their bodies' for next time, an others it totally changes their cycles an takes ages to settle down!

Wishing you luck xx

That's good news hun. Glad you feel better x

Last edited:
So lovely thst you have a supportive gp. I have to say though that I didn't think that they could detect uterine fibroids from an examination, they had to rule is out for me and sent me for a scan. Polyps can cause mid cycle spotting and sometimes there seems to be no reason. I have spotted before periods for 2 years. I had had numerous scans and nothing found. They didn't seem to concerned at all so don't think its that unusual xx

Yeah I didn't think so either, I thought you would need a scan. I'm just gonna see if anything happens this cycle and if not fx they get to bottom off it. He also said cycle could just be regulating after mc. Hope your feeling well hon and thanks for the advice x x

My GP has done 21 day bloods this month will be having cd3 bloods next week as bnf today cd26 of 28 :-(
(progesterone 33)

She says she will then refer me to fertility clinic if I want her to, I have said no for the time being as know I could do it in January don't know why I cant now! Almost don't want to admit their may be a problem!

However since miscarriage spotting for a few days before AF, pain from ovulation until AF. None of this I had before! Think some people are lucky and miscarriage 'prepares their bodies' for next time, an others it totally changes their cycles an takes ages to settle down!

Wishing you luck xx

Thanks for the advice pearl, yeah I do believe it takes a while to regulate again. I kmow what you mean about fertility clinic but if it helps us eh? Sorry your having so much difficulty, fx for you soon x x

Yeah I didn't think so either, I thought you would need a scan. I'm just gonna see if anything happens this cycle and if not fx they get to bottom off it. He also said cycle could just be regulating after mc. Hope your feeling well hon and thanks for the advice x x

It can take a while after mc so hopefully your cycles will get back to normal soon. Sometimes doctors can be quite useless, I initially went to gp with very painful periods, she said cld be fibroids. My gynae said she has no idea why gp would say that as generally fibroids don't cause pain. If you want a scan eventually be firm with them as they seem to fob lots of people off. I got so deperate in the end that I booked a private one just so I knew what was going on x

Thanks lisey! If it doesn't go back to normal ill defo be back next month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back