Do you....

Smithy1980

Reaction score
.....have to give water as well when ff? Or is LO ok with just formula?

Thanks ladies xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

My MW said just formula but I give Sophie a little bit if I think she's a bit constipated.

Thanks chick :) xx

we were told just to give water if it was a boiling day so haven't had to worry about that lol. Have started giving Holly water in a free flow cup now when we are eating our tea in prep for starting blw soon.

Ah that's a good idea! I want to do BLW too....which cup do u have? I need to invest!

Thank you x

When bf i didnt give water, but i gave a few sips here and there when ff. He didnt really start to drink alot of water till after he was six months. The tomee tipee cups are good, they ar obly about £1.50! Its thye only one my lo will drink out of!!!! Sorry for all the typos,

I bought an advent 1 from TK Maxx last week and it has got a teat on so its exactly like a bottle but with handles on.....it can then change into a normal cup. I gave LO it with a couple of oz of cooled boiled water in on sat just for her to play with (planning on blw) She loved it and I was shocked at her reactions....she got it in her mouth a few times and sucked. I got a very cute video of her using it. I dont think she actually like the water as she kept spitting it out but she enjoyed playing with the cup.

http://shop.philips.com/store?Actio...ale=en_GB&SiteID=rpeeub2c&productID=195931500

I mix feed but dont give water, sometimes he just wants a short feed from the boob - like 2-3 mins

Thanks ladies I'll maybe wait until she's established with te bottle then maybe introduce some water when we start BLW :) xx

Owen has water everyday :) inbetween bottles x

My baby has water every day in-between feeds since day one. She is ff. She used to turn her nose up but now she loves it.

Hoping she will continue to enjoy it as a toddler xx

Ah that's a good idea! I want to do BLW too....which cup do u have? I need to invest!

We use one of the ones with a hole in the spout. HV suggested using that kind instead of one like a bottle. Though Holly would find it hard after being used to a bottle but she just picked it up with both handles, tipped it back and drank away like she has been doing it forever! Hasn't had a problem going back to using a bottle for her feeds either. She does tend to get rather wet though as it is also great fun to shake the cup and shower us all at tea times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back