Do you use cream every nappy change?

Inspired by "sudocrem-gate" ha ha!

A lot of people say they don't use cream every bum change? I have since James was teeny and touch wood no sore bum so I am going to carry on.

How often do you cream babies bum?

xxxxxxx

Only when red and sore or looks like it's heading that way xx

Love the fingernail(s) Gayle. Do you post on the nail thread?

Sorry not sure what your piccie was showing?

I've got my pot in front of me and yep it does sound like it's not meant for prolonged / continuous usage but also says there was no known incident over overdose?

So I think I'll carry on as we are :lol:

xxxxx

Carnat, if Gayle is anything like me she found it amusing that they stated there was no known cases of overdose. :D

Carnat, if Gayle is anything like me she found it amusing that they stated there was no known cases of overdose. :D

Yep, I did think that but I am a little dense today so wanted to double check.

Glad to hear no-one has ever OD'd on the stuff.. I end up bloody covered in it as James is forever grabbing his balls [typical man] or somehow getting the cream on his feet...

xxxxx

I hsve never used a cresm on my baby, i only use water and cotton wool or reusable wipes with water. He has never had a rash or anything yet,.

I've always creamed every change and will continue to do so :)

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

I only use cream if bottom looking a bit sore, otherwise I don't bother.
I change Max's nappy very regularly and touch wood no sore bottom yet! Xx

I work with young adults who wear nappies, and we are advised not use things like sudocream. Bascically it clogs the nappys and stops it absorbing the urine, but also your basically just moving the wet to a different place.

We use an natural cream called 'CJs' cos cloth nappies really hate sudocreme, but only ever use it now and again. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I only use cream if they're sore. I only ever use metanium too. Fantastic cream! x

Couldn't agree more! Metanium is magical, put it on, next nappy change any rash/redness is gone. I too only do it when needed as if u do it everytime it blocks air getting to the skin and "can" cause rash xx

I use cotton wool and water to wipe and mini muslins to dry (for explosive poos i give her a bath) and so far no nappy rash (touch wood). The only time we had to use Sudocrem was when she was in hospital and they had to stick a bag on her to try and get a flipping urine sample. It kept leaking and they did it 3 times and the poor love got a square chafing mark, so I used it on that.
Personally I think wipes are so rough on their skin. I once used them to wipe ink off my sofa and they worked, god knows what chemicals they have in them. Having said that I do use them when were out and about!

I use cotton wool and water to wipe and mini muslins to dry (for explosive poos i give her a bath) and so far no nappy rash (touch wood). The only time we had to use Sudocrem was when she was in hospital and they had to stick a bag on her to try and get a flipping urine sample. It kept leaking and they did it 3 times and the poor love got a square chafing mark, so I used it on that.
Personally I think wipes are so rough on their skin. I once used them to wipe ink off my sofa and they worked, god knows what chemicals they have in them. Having said that I do use them when were out and about!

That's why we use reusable wipes!! A lot easier than cotton wool, and either use water or CJs carcass cleaner.

That's why we use reusable wipes!! A lot easier than cotton wool, and either use water or CJs carcass cleaner.

I love the cj's products. its buy 1 get one half price at fill your pants at the moment!!!

I agree with the chemicals in wipes! I used to use simple face wipes but my beauty therapist put me off them when we discussed the ingredients in them! I've also done the sofa thing too babybee haha! We just use cotton wool pads and water. my sis did the same with my nephew and it always worked fine for him. Will look into the reusable wipes x

We use sudacream every nappy change and never had a problem "touch wood" x x

I've never used any cream on Bs bum as he's never had a sore bum so didn't think I needed to use it?

Actually you can overdose on nappy cream!

uploadfromtaptalk1369328740136.jpg

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

I only use cream if Cs bum is looking sore and I use Miamoo cheeky cream. I also use reusable cheeky wipes and I love them. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back