Do you use cream every nappy change?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Inspired by "sudocrem-gate" ha ha!

A lot of people say they don't use cream every bum change? I have since James was teeny and touch wood no sore bum so I am going to carry on.

How often do you cream babies bum?

xxxxxxx

I only have ever done Hannah's when she's got a sore bum not otherwise xx
But then I change her nappies quite often so she doesn't really ever get chance to get sore

Last edited:
Only before bed in "just in case" and if his bum is looking a bit red.

So far he's been fine though

Same as tweety but touch wood she's been fine so far as well x

Only if she's a bit red/sore, which doesn't happen very often.

I use it most changes because I use cloth nappies. I might swap to a less medicated cream to use as a barrier, but she gets a bit sore if I don't use it. Plus she never cries if she's done a poo, and they don't always stink through the nappy so she ends up sitting in it for a while, which makes her super-sore, and I don't like to risk that. xx

I use zinc & castor cream during a few changes each day & like tweety, definitely before going to bed.

Before bed a barrier cream (Burt's bees), I only put anything else if it seems a little red or sore and its usually bepanthen. Though we didn't really have a sore bum until now not even while teething. I also use barrier cream if we are going out and about just in case she stays with the same diaper longer. We usually change diaper every 2 h during the day unless out and about or a dirty diaper meantime.

I only use cream if they're sore. I only ever use metanium too. Fantastic cream! x

I use cream every change, always have and *touchwood* we've never had a problem.

Thanks Lolly, thought I was the only one with stocks in Sudocrem!

I use it religiously and don't really want to change as it's worked this way so far.

I am assuming Sudocrem is a barrier cream? Should it not be used as a preventative measure?

I changes bub's bum after every feed at least so 5+ times a day and I put cream on each time.

xxxxxx

I use it every single change too! Still use cotton wool and water when he's not done a poo aswell. (Old fashioned me)
He's got a lovely soft bum.
We use sudocrem for everything!

I only use it if he looks a wee bit red or sore looking.

I thought it was more of a medicated cream, like a mild savlon or germoline, hence why I wouldn't use it as a barrier cream.

Not had any reason to use it yet. Shes never had a sore bum. I change her very frequently in the day time too. Even 12 hours during the night she still has a peachy bum. Nothing wrong with using it as a preventative tho. Your baby, your ways. Xx

tapatalking

we always used cotton wool and water, and then dusted on Burts Bees baby dust to make sure she was properly dry.
We only used cream at nighttime to give her toosh a protective layer

only last week or so we have started using wipes due to her being a nightmare to keep still on the mat. So are using cream more often now.

never had any problems at all

p.s Sudocreme was on the "NO NO" list my midwife told me about. Its apparently not advised anymore for babies!! They say to use Bepanthan or other creams that are absorbed rather than just sit on the skin in a white layer.

we have some anyway. Its a pot of wonder for spots and insect bites if nothing else!

We hardly use ours. Still have the big pot I bought before Lyla was born and that's 3/4 full. OH used it the other day for sunburn lol. xx

I use it when m gets a sore bum so either Sudocrem or Vaseline. We don't use it very often though x

Only when she's done a poo, if just a wee I just use baby wipes. So far she hasn't had a sore bum thank god.

Was a bit worried as my OH mum said it should be used after every chance because of ammonia in the wee (hope I got that right) but OH and me still just use if she has do a poo. X

Cotton wool and water here as well. I use cream every time. Have tried without it but both their bums get a bit red!
I use CJ's butter spitz - their bums smell amazing!

I use cream every time too. When Harry was a few weeks old he had terrible nappy rash that actually looked like a burn on his wee bum so I'm totally paranoid now and totally smear his bum in cream lol the way I see it is it doesn't do him any harm so why not. But like someone else said each to their own! If we hasn't had that nappy rash incident before I probably wouldn't use it as much xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back