Do you dress your baby?

DW1978

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you with small babies get them 'dressed' into a different outfit during the day? At the moment, Jax is still just in sleepsuits so he stays in one suit until its dirty or we give him a bath so probably a couple of days and nights max. We don't get him dressed during the day and then into jammies at night. What's everyone else doing?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I did the same when jasper was little, loads else to do thank put him in little outfits, when he got to about 4months it was different cos It was winter and cold x

I dress Issac on a morning even if its only into another all n one but only because the mw said it will help him realise he gets ready for days and bedtime... maybe i shouldn't be since I'm not going out often either xx

If you mean proper outfits, i never did till he was sitting up or we were going somewhere special x

I keep Riley in sleepsuits. I omly change him if its dirty or if we go to baby groups.

For the first few weeks she was just in babygrows which were changed as and when, but when we got a bit more sorted/into a routine I dress her when I top n tail her on a morn when we get up (even if it's just into another babygrow) and dressed again into sleep suit after her bath at night; I'd say we started doing this at 3 weeksish, just to try help her tell the difference between day and night x

Oscar was in sleepsuits all the time til he was about 3 months old then he started wearing 'daytime' clothes. But I did used to change the sleepsuit everyday, and often throughout the day too as he used to vom quite a bit!

From a couple of weeks old Tegan wore 'proper' clothes in the day, mainly because we were bought lots of outfits x

Just wondered if any of you with small babies get them 'dressed' into a different outfit during the day? At the moment, Jax is still just in sleepsuits so he stays in one suit until its dirty or we give him a bath so probably a couple of days and nights max. We don't get him dressed during the day and then into jammies at night. What's everyone else doing?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Same here. Change when dirty otherwise same for day and night. We also have some furry warmer sleepsuits if we have to go out or travel somewhere. The main reason is that she doesn't like being dressed and undressed and I find changing her nappy in 'proper clothes' very impractical.

Last edited:
I love dressing up LO.

We get up early to take other LO to school so he stays in his jammies (sleepsuit) with a jacket over the top untill we get home (he gets a nappy change tho) then when we get home he gets topped & tailed & into an actual outfit. He's quite fussy when getting changed so trying to get him used to it asap...he's not fussed for about 2 weeks. Then at night time its an all in one after bath. If we're having a lazy day & aren't going out or getting visitors he stays in his jammies.

:)

I keep Phoebe in sleepsuits, but then she is only a week old lol. I do change her into a new one in the morning though because as Lisa says someone told me it helps them to tell between day and night time. Plus I can't find any outfits to fit her yet as newborn is still a bit big lol xx

I'm the same as everyone else really...only put LO in outfits if we are going to a group or visiting friends! Today we've been shopping and she had a snazzy baby grow on and her snowsuit so she was real comfy and warm!

Love her in her snowsuit...so snuggly! :) xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

I tried to dress Avery but it ended up pointless tbh. She either pukes or slobbers all over her clothes and it isn't rare to have changed her up to 5 times in one day cos of drooling or puking or both :lol:

I spent a complete fortune on Baby Baker clothes and there's still items unworn cos sleep suits are sooooooo much easier to use tbh.

If we're heading out, say to town or to visit friends and family I will dress her up but if staying indoors it'll be sleep suits all round.

Dependent on the drool/puke situation she has at times worn one into the next day and night if it's still clean, but with her track record that ain't often :lol: My washing machine is on more for her clothes than mine and OHs! x

Last edited:
I keep Phoebe in sleepsuits, but then she is only a week old lol. I do change her into a new one in the morning though because as Lisa says someone told me it helps them to tell between day and night time. Plus I can't find any outfits to fit her yet as newborn is still a bit big lol xx

Omg sorry to go off subject, i didn't realise u had given birth! Congrats! I neef to get on the laptop I've missed so much in tri3 in just 2weeks

Xx

Grace gets dressed in the mornings wether its an outfit or clean sleepsuit and sleep suits at night as jammies, only just started doing this as she was starting to mix day & night a little

I've always dressed Jack in 'clothes' every day unless we both have a pj day (very rare) but even then I dress him in a different babygro for the day then another after his bath in the evening. I wanted him to have a sense of day & night straight away, plus he had a whole wardrobe of lovely clothes that couldn't go to waste! :) x

Kynon was in sleep suits for first couple of weeks as its all we had that fitted him! I've been dressing him once he fitted into the 0-3 things people had brought him. I do love baby grows on them though! He always leaks out of nappys so forever changing him, one night he went through 4 baby grows!

From a couple of days, (when Matthew was able to wear clothes) he was in a sleepsuit at night and an outfit during the day!
Think its personal choice, but I'm the kind of person that can't sit around in Pj's I have to get up and shower etc every morning!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I do the same as clairebear :)

Sophia was mainly in sleepsuits for the first couple of weeks, but she always had fresh one in the morning after nappy change and fresh one for bed after bath - always did that with my other daughter - not bathed every night but at least top and tailed. After a couple of weeks started wearing 'clothes' but the were sort of all in ones or easy access dungarees for easy nappy changes. Now shes 7 weeks she is wearing outfits but some days I keep her in a sleepsuit if staying in. She is in 0-3 months has been for a good couple of weeks, won't be long before she's in 3-6 month stuff!

well i love chloe in baby grows as shes much easier to handle and find visitors when trying to hold her in clothes they feel awkward as her skirt flies up and booties fall off lol
i personally makes sure everymorning i dress chloe in a babygrow to start our morning off. usually if shes sick or leaks through thats another full change too but can vary. however because i got bought quite a few clothes i have had to start dressing her in them before she outgrows them so rule of thumb if we are staying in or visiting mom n dad usually a baby grow. any other visitors or if we visit i dress her up. but it killed me yesterday in the morning instead of babygrow i out her in jeans and top as was going to my friends for tea, by late morning puke all over so i thought dam back to another baby grow lol

i have an everlasting stock of vests and grows and they am so pretty whereas clothes you can make all that effort and bam ruined lol.

i do have a couple sets of pjs for her but dont purposely wake her to change into them but if she has a bath on the night straight into them. its really intresting reading everyones ways
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back