Do you buy anything??

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just wanted to check if its just me or do other people buy anything pregnancy/baby related whist ttc?? I went on the Next website and ordered some maternity clothes in the sale because I couldn't resist a bargin but then part of me thinks I have jinxed myself having maternity clothes in the house before I am even pregnant! I sold all of my clothes from my first pregnancy apart from my maternity nightie I wore in the hospital so starting from scratch. I haven't bought anything for a baby yet but we have a few bits from our first like the moses basket and some clothes. Just wanted some thoughts on this :)
Xx

Personally I wouldn't, I think it's bad luck lol. There's loads of people who do though even baby stuff! My hubbys friend from uni refused to buy anything before the baby was born, her hubby had to buy everything while she was in the hospital lol. So I suppose everyone has different ideas about it! x

I don't really believe in jinxing.. I'm pregnant now and haven't bought anything. I don't know, i feel like if i bought loads of things I'd feel more pressure - i know that probably doesn't make sense. I think I'll end up buying most things last minute x

I cant wait to get my bfp and start buying things! Looking forward to it, when I have to buy baby stuff for new arrives for friends and family i get so excited xD

I'd love to, but I'm terrible for expecting the worst.

On the flip-side, it shows a good positive mental attitude :)

I did but a really cute sleep suit when we were 1st TTC but had in my head that I could also use it as a gift x

I've not bought anything since we've been trying. I don't really believe in jinx etc but at the same time I don't want to jinx it ha ha. More sods law than anything! Hubby and I spotted some booties, must have been seven years ago now?! 50% mummy, 50% daddy, 100% cute. We fell in love with them and had to have them! Can't wait to see him/her with them on!

We only just started TTC and I've already got a couple of bits put away that I got in the run up to TTC. I don't think it does any harm, but equally I won't be getting much till we are actually pregnant as I want all that to look forward to during the pregnancy ☺

Last edited:
I've bought things whilst not really ttc!

Clothes in the sale etc. Not loads, just one or two items here and there if they were too good a bargain to pass up on.

I'm glad I did because now I have a nice collection of gorgeous clothes withou it affecting my bank account :)

I also bought a few tops ages ago from Next that I thought would be great to BF in (they have buttons to the chest so I can undo a few press studs rather than lifting the top). Two of them I wore anyway so look old now, but one is still BNWT lol.
I didn't buy anything else though, no baby equipment or maternity clothes until after I got pregnant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back