do we bleed more when pregnant?? (maybe gory)

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
ive just gone in my kitchen and trod on a piece of glass (no idea where its come from as cant find anythng broken in the bin)
anyways ive cut my foot open on it and its taken me 5 mins to stop the bleeding.
i now have a trail of blood going all round the flat lol as i was trying to find the first aid kit, kitchen looks like ive lost a foot!!!
so do we bleed more or have thiner blood??
am hoping hubby dont get rained of work and come home in the next 5 mins as the smallest bit of blood makes him pass out lol
manda xx

Owch! Your poor foot :hug: :hug:

I think the volume of blood in our bodies increases when pg so that could be why, also the bottom of your foot is quite a sensitive area so I think it would bleed more anyway.

Make sure you have a rest with your feet up

well there is more blood in our bodys.. and around 19-20 weeks our platelets are at the lowest... (these are the bits in your blood that help you scab) so dont go chopping your hand off or anything..

if you arnt taking pregnancy vitamins i would suggest taking them every otehr day, to much iron in your body can make you feel ill.. i take my vitamins when im due a blood test..save being anemic on them..and i took them every day for 3 weeks before i gave birth last time..

thanks im such a clutz i really am still cant find where it could of came from unless hubby broke a glass and hiden the evidence from me!!
im not taking any vits no il go and get some i think.
was just shocking the amount of blood that came pouring out never seen anything like it
cleaned the kitchen now and put a bandage on my foot as the plasters wont stay on!!
thanks
manda xx

You poor thing, don't know the answer about bleeding more but hope you foot feels better soonx

just spoke to hubby he dint break anything so i havant the foggiest where the glass came from it was just that one shard not found anymore.
quite odd
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back