do u think im bein stupid?

sophie

Reaction score
hi all, im new to this so sorry to have a moan already!
well here goes yesterday i got in from work an my son who goes nursery gave me the letter he gets every friday, anyway it said he can join in the easter egg comp, so me bein me got all exited an said ill get the decorations from town 2moro an we can do it over the weekend, anyway my answer back was no its ok mummy grandma (OH'S mum) has already got the stuff an shes doin it for me! Anyway this upset me cos ide not even had chance to do anythin as i was at work, my partner on the other hand said im always pickin on his mum, my reply was tell her to stop doin things that will upset me then!
i have many more storys that shes done this week alone but i wont bore u anymore!
just wondered if this wud upset anyone else or is it just my hormoans??
feel better now ive had a little rant!
xx

ps sorry if this is in the wrong section!!

i think u have every rite to wanna help ur lil man u went thro 9 moonths of pr u went thro labour n birth n the nite feeds u deserve to do the fun bit with him to

Have you tried talkinhg to your mil, it may be that she thinks she is helping you out by getting all the stuff for the easter eggs. Perhaps it would be ebst to have a chat expalining that you feel that you are missing out on fun activities and that you would preger it if she checked with you first before buying anything?

I would feel the same hun, its your child and you want to do things with them like this. I would do what beanie said and have a word with MIL and tell her you would like to do this with your son and sorry if she has bought the stuff but you dont want to miss out on doing this with him. i knowit would be hard saying this to her, but its worth a try

That would have really p****d me off too. I would ask OH to have a word with her (it's his mum) but I also know how funny they can be and how protective they can be over their mum's!! so as the others have said perhaps you will need to speak to her yourself. Good Luck honey, it's not easy is it!

Xxx

I agree with what the others have said. As hard as it probably is, have a word with your MIL about it.
I would be very annoyed. The thing is your MIL should have consulted you first, as he's your son after all, and no I don't think its your hormones.
Good Luck & let us know what happens.

Nicki.x :D

thanks to everyone that replyed.
i took good advice an talked to her on sunday she understood an said it wont happen again all though she has been asked to stop buying my son things by OH but she still does so ill just wait an see wot happens lol!
thanks again your all so kind!.
xx

also wud like to add i do actually like my in laws its just when it comes to things like this! lol

Update!! just thought ide tell everyone that me an kai (my son) made his egg last night for todays competition, and he won 1st prize i was so pleased for him! all though he fell over an cut his hand :( bless!
xx

Well, that showed the MIL didn't it?!!?!!!

I've only just seen your post and was going to suggest that you let your son make his egg with MIL, then 'accidentally' sit on it and have to make one with him yourself. And to make sure that it was better than hers!!! But no need!!

Congrats Kai, and I hope his hand gets better soon.

no that was a good idea!
keep that in mind lol!
as for his hand he wont take it out his pocket nor will he take his trousers off for me to wash lol i dunno wot im gonna do at bath time! xx

:lol: tell me about it, ive had to feed him his dinner whilst he's sat with his hands in his pockets, the neighbours must have thought i was beatin him at bath time my gosh im just glad he's in bed now lol! takes after his father for sure! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back