Do u like your oh/dh's mum?

hearts81

Reaction score
I hate mine! She's the only person i do hate actually :? She's not a nice woman.

My last boyf's mum wasn't nice neither! So i wanna know if it's just me or are all MIL's a pain in the arse?

She's okie, but she's going to live in Spain soon which will be nice :wink:

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I hate mine, i can't even strike up a conversation with her, everything that comes out of her mouth is sort of similar to that that comes out of a bulls rear end!!!! Lol

And she tells you the same story everytime you see her, plus Andy's brother is her bestest boy and she makes no effort to hide it- which i think is a little selfish infront of Andy. :x :x :x

I wish she's bugger off to spain!

My MIL lives in Scotland. We've had our moments, but she's really lovely! DH and I were saying yesterday that all mothers and MIL's don't always think before they speak..... my mum can be a right royal pain!!
I hope your MIL turns into a turnip if she's horrible to you again! :D :D
Emilia xx

emilia said:
I hope your MIL turns into a turnip if she's horrible to you again! :D :D
Emilia xx

Lol thanks. Never heard that expression before!!! :lol:

Hmmm, she's okay, and that's how I've voted.

She's just bought us a pushchair, and also offered loads of free babysitting so she's not that bad. BUT, she can be a bit over-opinionated, so I'm kinda dreading it when LO arrives. She has to get her bit in on every single subject. She was a bit of a nightmare when we got married thinking she was helping, but she was definitely not!!!

We went out for a meal last Thursday, and all she did was moan!!!!!!!

shes ok, she gives us money and stuff alot coz she lives far away so thats her way of helping.

when she does come here she fusses way to mucha nd i get pushed out a bit

I don't have a MIL. OH mum died a year before we met :(

mines not bad....she lives 2 hours away so not too close!!!
She has always been nice to me and bought charlie a swing chair when she was born even though it must have cost her most of her weekly income, bless.
i do like not living too close tho!

well we live with the inlaws (i know before you say anything)! and my mil is fab ok so she has her moments where she pisses me off but generally she is ok and doe's anything to help out where and when she can with the kid's and money wise where she can too. so all round mine is ok!

tankett said:
Hmmm, she's okay, and that's how I've voted.

She's just bought us a pushchair, and also offered loads of free babysitting so she's not that bad. BUT, she can be a bit over-opinionated, so I'm kinda dreading it when LO arrives. She has to get her bit in on every single subject. She was a bit of a nightmare when we got married thinking she was helping, but she was definitely not!!!

We went out for a meal last Thursday, and all she did was moan!!!!!!!

Sure you haven't got my MIL?!

After living with my MIL for 9 months, then being on her doorstep even when we move out - I'm glad she and FIL (as much of a pain as MIL) have decided to retire early and go there lol. Cheap hols for me lol.

Never met her, even though we have been married 5 years now. She lives in Argentina and we are in Canada. Although there is talk about her coming here for at least a month sometime this year :?

My mil is a gem. She was always on hand to help, not that I take advantage of that and when I was sick with this pregnancy she would take Jessica at short notice. She loves to take Jessica over night and I feel reassured that she really really loves Jessica, you can see it in her face. She isnt over bearing and I think Im very lucky. FIL is just as helpfull.

My MIL is up in the scottish borders so i don't see her very often as we are in gloucester. She is nice and very easy to talk to and very unshockable. Sometimes i think a little bit too laid back in someways

god mine pisses me off.... she pretends she is interested but really I think she just wants to tell me everything I do is the wrong way of doing it ....

She can get a buggy cheaper
She can find flats with cheaper rent then ours
etc etc etc etc

I know she is being helpful so why does she GRIND on me so much!!

Luckly her youngest is only 9 and she bundles her off to the granny every wkend so she can go to the pub, and has already told us she will not be baby sitting for our little one!!! THANK GOD!! haha

Keely xxxx

Not overly keen on mine!! :?

Hence my post in routines and family life :D

My MIL is an angel...she really is. I don't think there's anything she wouldn't do for her children, and she is a rock of common sense too. She has virtually adopted me...*S* OH often jokes that if he left or we broke up, his parents would definitely try to adopt me!

Sue

hmmm mines ok, because she lives in south africa :wink:

who's jealous?

Hi

Mines lovely. I had rather over bearing outlaws with my ex-DH so it's really nice to have a "normal" set this time. They seem completely chilled out, never phased by or crticial of anything we do. I feel like I can be a grown up around them.

Sigh.... wonderful!

H

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27