do they dislike lumps?

trixipaws

Reaction score
judst started introducing lumpy food, melissa doesnt seem to like it. is this normal? how long does it take for them to take to it?

Its cos they are new she has never had them before it took Keeley about a week to get used to them.. she used to accidently spit it out cos she didn't kno what to do with lumps :lol:

Willow didnt like lumps to start with it took her a but a week to get used to it.

We had loads of problems with Tom taking lumps. Think it had something to do with his reflux. Persevere though and she'll get there in the end!
Lx

aww completely normal trix, just introduce them to her over the next week and she will soon get used to them and love them soon enough.

Anything different is trail and error for a baby.

Boy pulled alsorts of faces and made alsorts of noises when we first tried on food with lumps in, we just kept trying every now and then until my cousin gave him some after watching her daughter eat it and he has been fine ever since.

Dan took ages to eat lumps. Just keep trying :D
I found that he got alot better once he was eating finger food.

I had Jam on lumpy food as soon as I could lol - his dads a picky eater when it comes to lumps and I couldnt be assed with mushin everythin totally smooth!! :roll:

so now Jam loves yoghurts with bits in and if my mash isnt totally smooth :roll: then he will still eat it :wink:

nay is on the lumpy food too now.

she's okay with it, but can be picky sometimes

yes its normal hun, we had MAJOR problems with Josh eating lumps as he used to gag really badly & it was quite distressing for him & me.
slowly does it i think is the key, gradula slight lumpiness to ease Melissa in to a different texture.

you'll get there hun :hug:

Maisy was the same with lumps. i used to blitz it just a little till it was 'in between' stage on she was fine.
dont you find that all of the 2nd stage jars all seem to be pasta based.
try to give her what we have as much as possible

DS still struggles with lumpy food now, you should have seen his face with scrambled eggs yesterday! It's really stressful because sometimes he'll be fine, then get to near the end of tea, gag a tiny bit and puke the whole lot back up.

I remember with Isaac it had to be totally lumpy or totally smooth. He didn't like the in between consistancy. It took him ages to eat lumps though, I think the majority of babies are the same to be honest.

Doesn't make it any less stressful though trying to get them to eat :roll:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back