Do I..

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Lilelephant, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Lilelephant

Lilelephant Well-Known Member

Wake Orlando for his feed! He was due a feed half an hour ago but is still out for the count!

2. pringle88

pringle88 Well-Known Member

i used to feed on demand and i realised that she wasnt taking enough through the day and was awake all night wanting milk so i switched it and now i make sure she has a feed every 3 hours, regardless of whether shes awake or asleep she has it and ever since she has been so much more content and only wakes once in the night for a feed now! do what you feel is right for you though xx

3. MrsR

MrsR Well-Known Member

I never did and never would but it's totally what you're comfortable with doing hon xxx

4. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

I had that earlier he slept for 3 1/2 hours but we'll see what happens tonight!'

5. pringle88

pringle88 Well-Known Member

I only did it because the health visitor told me to as it gets her into a routine and she will gradually naturally wake herself for the feeds x

6. rachcraig

rachcraig Well-Known Member

I used to wake Amber up, only because my boobs got really sore when she was due for a feed.

7. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

I think they tell you to only wake them if they were born with special needs or jaundiced/early.

LO will defo defo let you know when he wants fed.

:)

8. Lettie

Lettie Well-Known Member

Mw told us not to let LO go more than 5 hrs without a feed and she's BF, as others have said he'll let you know when he's hungry. F goes 5 hours sometimes and then will cluster a little at another time to make up for it!

9. Young Mum 21 x

Young Mum 21 x Well-Known Member

I woke Harry for a feed a few days back and he only had 1oz, he wasn't right until his next feed he kept grizzling so now I leave him wake on his own, he doesnt last longer than 4.5 hours lol xx

10. clairebear22

clairebear22 Well-Known Member

Our 1 strict rule is to never wake Jack. Even now he'll nap past his feed time and we leave him. When he wakes he drinks either the same amount or a little more. I don't even know how he'd react if I went and actually woke him up. He never ever cries when he wakes up and i'm not about to go and wake him on purpose to find out x