Do I need to worry?

Rooster30

Reaction score
Hey all, hopefully this is just a silly question, but my 9 month old daughter hasn't had a single ounce of milk today - do I need to be worried? Before asked, yes, she is poorly. My brother, her dad and I have all been hit with bugs and now it seems very much her turn :-( Her eyes are pink with gunk, her nose is streaming, sometimes her hands and feet are cold to touch and she's very irritable. We are giving her Calpol and ipubrofen but she isn't a happy bunny. She has eaten finger foods, yoghurt, toast, Weetabix and had bits of water so she isn't starving. She's taken a few gulps of formula via a sippy cup but barely had any really.

All week (aside from yoghurt and Weetabix) she has refused to be spoon fed - she will eat food if given as finger food so I haven't been too worried.

I just know that formula/milk is important at this young age so feeling a bit worried. I've just loaded her up on cheese and yoghurt to try and compensate.

Usually thats my first sign Js not well he goes off milk.

Its fine for a day or so as long as shes kept hydrated and producing wet and dirty nappies.

Ay longer than a day Id get her seen. Usually Jackson takes abot 2 days then hes back to milk.

Her wee throat migt be sore? Swollen glands?

xxxx

If her eye balls are pink I'd maybe get her checked for conjunctivitis, my Lo has had a rotten cold this week and in the morning her eyes have been glued shut but the Dr said as long as her eyeballs are still a healthy white not to worry on that front

Yeah, her brother has a poorly throat at the moment and is on antibiotics so I wouldn't be surprised if she has the same.. I'm just taken aback by her not even attempting her milk.

We have a GP open locally tomorrow morning - not sure whether to take her there or not. I suffer with anxiety when it comes to my kids being poorly so would appreciate reassurance - equally I don't want to waste their time with a cold.

If her eyes are quite bad the gp or pharmcist can give drops which work alot quicker than the salt water dabbs. Make sure you use a tissue for each eye and never re use, tonight clean her eyes with salt solution and even when shes sleeping go in and redab. I did that for a couple days and Jacksons eyes cleared quick.

It does in the meantime and you can see how she is tomorrow and decide on gp visit. And it might ease itching.

xxxx

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2016-02-12-18-47-30.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2016-02-12-18-47-30.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I did it for 2 days in the morning and after his bath just at bed then id go in before I went to sleep and dab them. Stops them gettig sticky eyes.

Jackson had a wee blood shot bit this time and it sorted it pretty quick.

I used sensitive wipes for cleanin throughout the day incase wool or loo roll got stuck in the eye. Plus wipes are nice n wet.

Your welcome hope the kidlets are well soon.

xxx

Cheers, I use reusable cotton wipes for them and they seem to work well for everything. I've made a pile of things outside her bedroom door as I'm certain she'll wake for eye dabbing and painkillers anyway.

Warm milk works great for gunky eyes. My nan who's 84 gave me that tip lol. Also my HV confirmed it. So long as she eating and is getting fluids I'm sure she will be fine. I was always told to make sure they are still having plenty of wet nappies. Something to do with dyhoration. My boys both tended to go off milk when unwell. But book her in with the Gp even if it's only to set your own mind at rest :) xx

Absolutely fine as long as she's drinking water and having wet nappies. When they are ill milk is the first thing my sons goes off then it's his food. If she won't drink water use the calpol syringes to slowly get water into her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back