Do I need to chase the doctors?

ceriannbrown

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Have just spent a while reading through everyone's posts about when they go to the midwife and antenatal appointments etc.

So:

* found out I was pregnant at 7 weeks (slow of me yes!) - went straight to docs
* he said a midwife would be phoning. I was still in shock from finding out i was pregnant and didn't bother to ask when i could be expecting this call
* I am now 8 weeks 1 day and wondering - when are they likely to phone?

I am new to all of this and get worried when i see people at 6 weeks with appointments booked for their 10th week etc.

When do you all think I should start to panic and start harassing them?

I just feel a phone call by now would have put my mind at ease. It's a stressful time really and I will need to find out if I need to take time off work etc for it. (Also trying to move out of our rental house to the bf's mum's for a few months to have a mortgage by October! house viewings crazy and bank visit mad atm).

In other news I have never been more tired in my life. Constant light headedness and snoozing. Dreading back to work on monday!

Any advice and words of wisdom appreciated as always :)

Last edited:
Call your doctors and chase it up. I have appointment for 8+2 so i'd get onto them

I'd ring you have nothing to lose. I didn't see my midwife until I was 11+5 x

Definitely give them a ring. My booking appointment with midwife is at 13 weeks xxx

I didn't see mine until I was 13 weeks on their books either x

Oh and they rang me the day before to schedule an appointment so I wasn't even told in advance!

I would call them. I think every area is different, but where I live they do booking appointment at 8 weeks, then book in scan for 12 weeks, and you go from there. I had to chase them up to get an appointment.

My doctor told me it would take at least 3 weeks to hear when my booking appt was and that would be some weeks after this. My doctor wouldn't even have written the referral letter after a week! (So efficient!) x.

Hi again! So I phoned the doctors yesterday and told them I would be at 9 weeks this week and haven't seen anyone and she was really quite shocked.

She tried to get me in for today but it was fully booked so she put me in for wednesday last week. she wasn't mega happy about it as I'll be almost 10 weeks by then but the midwife only does wednesdays. the bf can't get the time off work so my mum is taking me. Absolutely dreading the blood test, i always faint i just hate it. but i guess compared to child birth it's a treat! haha :) thanks everyone for your replies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back