Do I need a D&C?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi girls.

Wondering if I need a D&C. I stopped bleeding after 12 days, but the doctor was quite surprised that I was still bleeding at 10 and advised me to go for another scan to see if I needed a scrape.

Now I have absolutely no bleeding but still some light cramping and quite a bit of abdominal bloating and discomfort due to wind etc which I have had since before the m/c.

I'm sorry if I am making anyone remember this detail when they don't want to. Is what I am feeling normal? I'm also dead tired all the time but I went back to work on Monday (8 days after) and I had had Naomi all week plus guests and so had not really rested.

REALLY don't want to go back for yet another scan, they're bad enough when you have something in there to check, I don't think I could stand the discomfort and emotion of looking at an empty uterus just to be told it was unnecessary.

Sorry again if this is all TMI.

Hope you ladies are bearing up well.

Sue

I really dont know the answer to your question but I just wanted to offer you support. I have to go for another scan in the morning (they arent satisfied that I have passed bean myself). It rang true what you said about looking at the empty uterus, that was the worst thing ever.

:hug: :hug:

A scan would be the only way of telling if the uterus is empty again. If i rememebr correctly I bleed after my d and c and then it would stop, id get cramps and then bleed and only when the cramps stopped did it go because those crampsa re helping push the blood out (sorry)...

I doubt you will need a d and c unless: it was a pregnancy that was older then 8 weeks...

I feel after bleeding the amount you did I ghighly doubt you would need one but even so I would go for the scan, not look at the screen and have them tell me everything is complete...

Im sos sorry for your loss

:hug:

Tiny Sue said:
Hi girls.

REALLY don't want to go back for yet another scan, they're bad enough when you have something in there to check, I don't think I could stand the discomfort and emotion of looking at an empty uterus just to be told it was unnecessary.

Sue

hi hun, when I went for my scan today I didnt have to look at the screen, they had me lie in the bad the other way round so I could see the screen. They were very compasionate.

Thanks girls.

I felt a lot better today, no cramping or anything else. I even went to the gym. Felt my grief again when I pushed myself on the treadmill, wanted to just run it out, which is unusual for me as not very fit. I am determined to get fit and healthy so the next time we have a shot our chances of a healthy pregnancy will be that much higher.

SO I have decided not to go back for the scan unless I notice something unusual, and just wait for my period.

Thank you for all your support. It means a lot to me. Laura, I hope you were ok after your scan.

Sue

Oh I'm so sorry I'd missed your sad news Tiny Sue- so so sorry to hear it. :hug:

I bled for about two weeks after my m/c although the last 4-5 days were very light. I had a scan the day after it started and one 6 days in when they said that enough had gone that I didn't need a D&C- they don't like giving them if they don't have to- even though they said that I had the equivalent of a full AF's worth of lining left and it was another 3 weeks until I actually had an AF which was very very heavy I have to say. Not sure that answers your question...?

I didn't start feeling a lot better until after the first AF post m/c to be honest but by the 2nd I did feel quite different, obviously sad but less physically and emotionally drained. I know exactly how hard it is when you have an active toddler to run after too believe me- like running uphill although I do try and grab a sneaky hug from him when I'm really down about it if I can catch him for long enough. I took pronatal after the last m/c as it has iron in it and I was worried that I'd lost a lot- it can't hurt anyway

So sorry again :hug:
+++

I am so sorry for you lost :hug: I had to go for another scan after my m/c and it was kind of reassuring to see that the uterus is completely empty.. I was so scared of D & C. Luckily I didn't need to go.. Yes, it was very difficult to look at empty uterus but at least I could close the chapter slowly and try to move on.. I am still not completely over it, but started TTC again and hope to get BFP again soon.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back