Do I make a complaint

Bethanybiggin

Reaction score
Sorry in advance about the rant!!!!
So on the 4th of December I went into my maternity unit due to reduced movements they kept me on a monitor and after an hour and half we was allowed to go home on the condition I returned next day for growth scan as this was my second time of reduced movements anyway so after the growth scan on the Monday she was measuring really small HC and femur was under 5th centile and efw was on 10th I was told I had to come back for a rescan and review in 2 weeks to see if she had grown so didn't hear anything for days so I rung on 9th December on the Friday got passed back and forth to be told there wasn't any case notes been wrote but they was going to look into it so half 4 later that day the called back and booked me in for a scan 16th December which was yesterday so if I go yesterday for my scan and was booked to see triage after who I had seen the week before for a review only to get there and be told they not sure why I was there after waiting over an hour I was told my case notes were lost and they didn't know what was happening so I explained what happened as above and they went of to look into it apparently I should have been booked in to see consultant on clinic I didn't even know I was under a consultant they told me to sit and wait and see if I could possibly be seen by the consultant that day seen as he had a clinic another wait and the doctor came back and said she had been rushed to theatre totally understand that but she then went on to say she hadn't had time to speak to consultant so they was going to send me away for another 2 weeks and book me to see consultant after another scan! So basically I went in for a scan and waited over 3 hours to be told nothing and sent away for another 2 weeks with no answers another 2 weeks of worrying over Christmas aswell sorry for the long message!
Would love your opinions and advice thanks in advance

I would complain and I'd go to your mau and refused to leave till id been seen x

I went to maternity triage with a problem and politely refused to leave until they scanned me. I had to wait three hours for the portable scanner and consultant to come and do it, but they did it. This was before I was far along enough for a CTG.

Yes I would complain in writing to hospital and not leave triage until they can see you. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back