Do I keep quiet or do I tell?

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am just after some opinions. Had a funny week. Resigned from my job last week. I just snapped and couldn't take anymore (wished I had found a new job first but these things happen). Then found out I am pregnant days later. Pregnancy was planned I just didn't plan on walking out of my job. I am in pieces of over resigning. I have worked all of my adult life. We are keeping things quiet at the moment. Dr's appointment tomorrow to have pregnancy confirmed although it looks like I am about 5 weeks. (1st child so haven't got a clue if I have booked appointment too soon or not). Mam keeps asking me if I am pregnant and I have said no but I know it will be hard to keep it from her as we are very close. I was just wondering what people think. Should we tell them once the pregnancy has been confirmed or wait until the 1st scan? Thank you in advance for reading and my apologies for my rambling on.

I told my mum and in laws at 6 weeks couldn't hold it in. Told my sister at 9 weeks and then work after the scan. My friend guesssed pretty early on.

People like your mum etc is nice to tell
Midwife appts vary on your area
Mine prefer to see you about 8 weeks but no harm if they'll see you sooner
Tell immediates but keep hush in general til your out the 12 week red zone xx

Thanks guys I really appreciate the advice. If I am honest I think my Mam already knows and is just waiting for us to tell her. x

We made a rule that we would only tell people straight away that we know would provide love and support if something went wrong, everyone else will find out after our scan :)

Thanks Geekachublog. My parents will be over the moon as they have been waiting for this news for quite a while from us. x :)

I've told my mum will be telling my dad too but no one else until 12 week scan. She's known about all my pregnancies from early on and she's a great support due to my 2 miscarriages. She's also giving me orders I need to rest as much as possible hmm cause I have a toddler lol x

I'm 12 weeks and I haven't told anyone yet not even my mum! Is that bad? I'm 27 and I've been with my OH for 10years! I spent 6 years getting my degree and I'm still petrified she won't be impressed! Oh god I'm such a wimp.

I couldn't face telling my mum
its admitting to your mum you've actually had sex!! Lol
I'm 25 and married ffs!
I text her in a round about way
I felt she deserved to know ha x

Haha I was contemplating doing it via text! Do you think that's ok? I'm an only child and im sure in my mums head I'm still about 14. No doubt I will be the same with my little one. I need to grow a pair.

Mrs Smith in reply to your post I am no help sorry. I think it's just go with your gut instinct like you said if your mum is quite intuitive then she probably already knows so by telling her your only confirming it. Considering you've had such a rubbish time with work lately might be nice to share your fab news and get some excitement flowing!

I would keep quiet until 12 weeks. I have told some work collegues because it was becoming obvious (being sick every day) I only work in an office with two other people and they have been told to keep it secret.

I just wanted to say I am pregnant and here is a picture to make it seem more real. I have to agree that not telling my mum is the hardest thing I have had to do, we are really close and I know she will be thrilled.

We made a rule that we would only tell people straight away that we know would provide love and support if something went wrong, everyone else will find out after our scan :)

have to agree with this post totally :) x
close family and friends first, others after first scan x

Thanks everyone. I have got myself in knots at the minute with everything. Feel like I should have a new job already even though I am still technically employed and only resigned last week. We are going to keep it quiet for the time being. :) x

Can you not 'unresign' as youll have more maternity entitlement probably that way?? x

MRSS143. No way. I wouldn't go back no matter what. The place was toxic and was making me ill hence the resignation.

Then just tell ppl that's why you've left
Its just not worth it x

I couldn't cope with the stress of the place. I wish I hadn't felt like that and I feel like a spare part at the moment as I have always worked. Got about 15 job applications in for different places at the minute. Can't cope with being off but I would never go back to that place. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back