Do I have a hungry baby?

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
My lo is 6 months old (pretty much!) and he was 8 lb 8 when born. He is now in 65th percentile and last time I had him weighed at about 5 months he was 17 lb 2 oz. I started blw about 2 weeks ago, and it's going ok I guess.

But he is a nightmare at night. He hardly sleeps. He didn't use to be bad. If he's hungry, am I doing the right thing by not going any purees at all? I only try and feed him
Once in the night at around 230, as u don't want to feed him Every time he wakes up. Then he's up at 530 to start the day.

I guess my q is, did anyone else go did blw think they had a hungry baby? Waking in the night hungry? Or am I just losing my Mind? Xx

I have not done blw....but I do know that up until a year old food is for fun and milk is the main and most important source of nutrition for babies.

My first thought when I read you post was that maybe your lo is teething? Georgie has been a nightmare with waking up while teething....just a thought tho. xx

Thanks. It's been going on for about 3 weeks, does teething normally last that long? I thought it may be that do gave him calpol and
Bonjela before bed last night. Didn't work!!!

i'd say from what you've said in here and the other post he could quite likely be teething!

my LO has been teething since 9 weeks and for the last 11 weeks its anyone's guess if he'll wake in the night, sometimes he just wakes early, other times he's awake twice! for the last 3 n half weeks though he's woken me every night! so i know how you feel! :hugs:

Last edited:
As above really hun. I laughed at the HV when she told me Georgie was teething at 8 weeks but she was right.

Cuddles, Calpol and ashton and parsons have been lifesavers but I am still having terrible nights with her. Sometimes she is up twice an hour! When it settles down tho she goes back to sleeping well. Poor things....my son was not this bad lol

I don't limit her feeding at night I must admit as they seem to think sucking can be a sort of pain relief for them but it's each to their own xxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies. I tried bonjela and calpol last night to no effect. Maybe I'll get some teething granules today..... I just wish I knew :( xx

have you got an amber teething necklace? we brought an amber anklet about 6 weeks ago, and although it hasn't stopped all signs of him teething he's not dribbling as much (unless he has his had right in his mouth!) and he has less crying episodes now too (he was spending feeds crying every time we tried to put the bottle in, and crying for most of every evening too) he's now fine with feeds and has the odd evening here and there where he cries for a while but he's so much better than he was! we got ours from DinoDaisy x

Thanks spice, I'll get one of those. Is here any harm in them wearing it if they are not suffering from teething? See, he's not drooling really and he's in good spirits during the day!! But, I'll def get one for him; it can't do any harm! X

not that I know of, amber is associated with healing and is often mentioned as a natural anti-inflammatory! we chose an anklet as OH and myself decided it would be safer, as our LO likes to pull his collars into his mouth!

our LO was only "off" at the evenings, then he started to wake through the night, and then he started to drool loads! it's been a long process for us, and its no where near over as he still doesn't have any teeth! though a lot of mum's (all family members) have said he'll probably end up getting loads in a short space of time!

hope he settles for you soon x

my son was TW and he never slept through until he was over 9 months old. But you could try giving him a supper of porridge or something a couple of hours before he goes to bed. That worked for me once or twice before I just point blank refused feeds at night after midnight I left it till 9 months old as the books said thats when they don't actually need them anymore and my son was never a big drinker or eater having small amounts often x

Misscrazy, I'm actually relieved to hear that! I'm getting a lot of "it's because he's hungry, give him purees to fill him up,"

I'm going to get an amber thingy and Keep my fingers crossed!! X

hi sounds like teething to me too. i blw and found it great but had many restless nights with teething. i used nelsons teetha granuals they were amazing for lo. as someone said they still rely on milk at this age so as long as ur offering milk lo shouldnt be hungry.

Sent from my S3C6410ZYOF using Tapatalk

the amber teething necklaces are really good. my daughter has had no problems with her teeth, but when she was with out it for a few days when it snapped she was really grumpy. I have a web site selling them but am not sure if I can put the link on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back