Do I go the appointment or ring to check?

Mummy2toddler

Reaction score
Hi ladies sorry for pointless thread but I wanted your opinions please. Basically I was meant to have a scan this Wednesday at EPU 9.30. Now because I was bleeding they brought it forward a week and I had my scan last Wednesday everything was fine still a bleed around the sac but baby had a heartbeat and measuring correctly with dates from previous scans. So I have my 12 week scan booked 4th July and the lady I usually see didn't see me this time but basically I have had a text off NHS no reply saying I have a scan at my epu on Wednesday at 9.30. Last week they never mentioned me going back this Wednesday but didn't say it was cancelled either. I totally forgot to mention it. Anyway do I turn up for the appointment and chance not being scanned they might not want scan me cause everything was fine but they haven't cancelled it either. Part of me being selfish just to see my baby again I want to go but do I ring and double check? But then they might say oh sorry we should of cancelled it. I know I'm best ringing but I guess I still want my original scan appointment lol but that's me being selfish I know :/. What do I do ladies? Ring or chance it? Sorry for the long post xxx

If it was me i would be tempted to go. It wouldn't hurt to see baby again. Or you could call and check, and tell them that if you can you would like to keep the appointment xx

Thank you I'm in 2 minds as I have to catch 2 buses there and back which I don't mind just don't want go for nothing lol. But if I ring up n they say oh there's no need to come now ill kick myself for ringing ha as I would of maybe seen my baby again. Im being selfish I know :| but I just dunno what do lol. Would love to see him/her again xxx

Like I think I'm best ringing but what do I say lol!! Do I say I had a scan last week and wanted double check my appointment is still booked for this Wednesday too as I've had a text message?! X

If it was me I would just go on the basis that you got the text confirmation of your appointment - you never know, even if it has been cancelled they may try and fit you in especially if you show them the text!!

Good luck

xx

Thats true Gemloulau , i cant see them turning you away if you show the text message xxx

id def go, if they wanted to cancel the appointment they should have done, just go and show them the message and say nobody told you it was cancelled, im sure they will scan you again

Thank you ladies I daren't ring my mum says I should ring and say I've got an appointment on Wednesday and I've forgot the time and if its still on the system and they don't say nothing I've still got an appointment :/ but ill see what they say lol! Nervous :| xxx

My mum is on the phone ha I hate ringing! They're asking loads of questions argh. X

So they told my mum half past 9 on Wednesday which I knew anyway if I go on Wednesday and they don't see to me ill go mad lol :/ I'm nervous! Xxx

They can't not see you! U called and u have the text! It will be fine i'm sure :) xxx

Thank you!! Now I'm stressing argh I accidentally copied and pasted my appointment text to someone I know who would tell everyone I'm pregnant so I've said sorry my friend sent me that I was meant send it to my mum as I'm going with my friend. If someone rang the EPU and said the time of the appointment and not the name can the EPU give my name? Argh I really don't want people to know xxx

Thank you i thought so! I dont trust this girl one bit. But its my own stupid fault for accidently sending her the appointment i had through text. So I am going on tuesday as the EPU never said to my mum its cancelled ... ive got the text. But if they turn me away i wont be too impressed :/ xxx

Got my appointment today :| I'm so nervous in case they turn me away or are funny with me but they've not rang to cancel so it's there fault IMO. Hope I get a scan I'm nervous my baby has stopped growing :-( or something bad xxx

I am sure they will still do your scan. I asked when they did my emergency scan yesterday. They said that I would still get my normal scans even though I had the emergency one yesterday. Fingers crossed they see you and that everything is ok xxxxx

Wishing you luck that they let you have the scan!! :) xx

Thank you ladies they scanned me but weren't willing to at first. Scan went great I'm 10 weeks 4 days will put picture on when I'm home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back