Do I go MAU tomorrow ?

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi girls I had a scan last Wednesday and little one seemed fine. However iv not felt her move yet. I could see her moving but couldn't feel it. I called community mw today to ask when should I feel her she replied around 20 weeks. So now I'm terrified thinking something is wrong. I'm sure my husband thinks I'm mad as he says it was only a week ago.. Il be 22 weeks Friday.

To top of my worrying I was just talking to a parent who stopped me after a few mins and said I had to move as he was leaking radiation and been told not to go near pregnant woman!!!

I'm sorry if i sound mad but I'm so desperate to feel her and this is my first so I have no idea what to expect. I don't want to waste there time nor do I want them laughing at me but I feel like I'm losing it lol.

If your at all worried about movements go to mau/mac I did when I didn't feel little man move for 36hours (I'd had an accident at work) I'd only felt him a couple of times anyway. They probably won't scan you they'll just put a doppler on to check hb is regular(also they know whether baby will be distressed etc as they know what to look for) the reason they won't scan is because baby isn't classed as viable till 24 weeks(different hospitals may vary obv!) good luck and im sure everything will be fine.xx

I . Felt nothing until24/25 last time. Do you know where your placenta is because sounds anterior to me. Ring if you're worried but it's,still early

Thanks sorry if I sound crazy but I'm so sick of seeing everyone talking about movement from 12 weeks with their first and my baby is meant to be as long as 27cm how can I not feel her?? I have a doppler and her heart beat sounded ok tho im no mw. I'm just not sure if I should be worried x

The trouble with averages is that some people will be sooner and some will be later. I doubt your mw will be concerned that you can't feel baby yet as it isn't unusual, especially with a first baby, but if you are worried then by all means contact her and see if you can make an appointment and she should be able to have a listen to baby's heartbeat to reassure you.

This probably sounds really harsh but even if something was wrong there's nothing they'd be able to do about it with you been 22 weeks. (The legal abortion limit is 24 weeks)try not to worry. If you can hear hb on your doppler then surely that's reassurance? This is my first too and I didnt feel anything till 21 weeks,many first timers don't feel anything till after 20 weeks. Enjoy not been booted while you can!xx

Try not to worry blueclass. I promise you will feel her very soon. If going to MAU makes you feel better and puts your mind at rest then by all means go. There is a lot to be said for peace of mind. That being said it will make you feel better for a day or 2 and if you still don't feel her you will be wracked with worry again. Try to relax and enjoy it. :hugs: FX it happens for you I'm the next few days lovely. X

Thanks for your comments I appreciate them. I'm going to try and stick it out for one more week. I do think if I go tomorrow maybe il be ok for a few days but ur right il soon be worrying again.

Sorry I sound like a crazy woman

Lovely you got to stop worrying. If you had felt her for 2 weeks and now nothing then I would say be worried but she might just be in a position where u can't feel her. With Amelia I felt nothing until 25 weeks and I mean not even a pop then I didn't get regular movement til 30 weeks I did have anterior placenta and ended up at Mau at 28 weeks. They told me they won't monitor movement until 28 weeks and would only listen in on a Doppler until then. I would give it a few more weeks and I'm sure you'll start feeling her x

Hey Hun just to reassure you I had early movements (about 8 weeks) then nothing from about 12 weeks till 24 weeks due to positioning of my placenta. At my scans they all commentated in what an active baby but I couldn't feel it!!!
Sometimes I have to really tune in to baby to recognise movements and other times it obvious but only when I'm chilling or relaxed - I very rarely feel movements when I'm busy at work and I'm 28 weeks now x

Iv told my OH we will give it more time. I guess I'm a worrier il keep going with the doppler for a couple of weeks then see.

Thank you for your comments it is reassuring. X

I'd loAds of movement this time 16-17w then stopped until 20w. First time I felt him from. 24/25 weeks and Dr u dint get Muchat, all, slowing to vCard as ln loo st nothing at term. It was,so bad that I was actually induced for my anxiety! Try not to worry or it will spoil things for you

I'm pregnant with my 4th

i felt my first 20 weeks
2nd n 3rd 22/23 weeks
my 4th 24 weeks
please try not to worry ! im now 29 weeks and i feel my baby xxx

I'm pregnant with my 4th

i felt my first 20 weeks
2nd n 3rd 22/23 weeks
my 4th 24 weeks
please try not to worry ! im now 29 weeks and i feel my baby xxx

Thanks it's great to hear that you didn't feel your 4th till 24 weeks I feel much better now. It doesn't help that when people ask and I say no they start saying oh I felt mine at this point and have you had her looked at... x

I tend to find the more I read the more I become worried. Everyone is different, even twins! For some people, they are very tuned into their body and will feel everything that is slightly different form the norm. Others not so much.

It could be that you actually have felt some movement, but not really aware that it was actually baby. I spend many a time wondering if it was baby moving, or if I was just gassy. It wasn't until there was a couple of big belly rippling movements that I realised that it was probably baby. I am now 25+3 (with first baby) and still have doubts over some movements, but my midwife says there is still space, so not all movement will be felt and not all will be strong.

Like the other ladies have said, try to relax, and try not to use Dr. Google. It is easier said than done, but I figure that's what the forum is for. Its significantly more reliable, as its other peoples actual experience, rather than everything being terrible!!

Yes I agree my husband had banned me from using doctor Google. Well I didn't go and trying not to. I had a go on my doppler and heart rate is as it should be. So as long as I hear her I think il be ok x

My movements are the same Blueclass, quite irregular at the moment. Some days lots of movement some days hardly anything. I'm 22 weeks. Baby still has lots of room in there and is quite easy for them to 'hide away' for a while. Try not to worry. Hearing heartbeat is a great sign xx

Didnt feel anything really till about 24 weeks. Mw told me to monitor movements after 24 weeks. If u go to mau before 27 weeks all they will do is listen with a doppler, u have to be a minimum of 27 wks before they will put u on the ctg monitor x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back