Dizzy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Rubyredslipper, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Just been standing on the train (only go one stop and I always get by the door for a quick getaway!) and suddenly went dizzy and lightheaded. Only way I can describe it is like I imagine a panic attack to be?! I was carrying some shopping which maybe was heavier than I thought. Was also thinking about doing my work announcement tomorrow.
    Sat down at the station for 5 minutes before walking to the car and feel fine now?! Strange!

2. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

Hey how far along are you? I think this sort of thing is quite common in early pregnancy just don't overdo it and make sure you are eating and drinking enough - I had dizzy spells in my first trimester mainly at work xx

3. northerngirl

northerngirl Well-Known Member

I passed out almost every day for about the first 12 weeks, it's not pleasant at all xo

4. Rubyredslipper

I'm 13+5 so still fairly early. I'll keep some water and a snack in my bag in case it happens again, hopefully it won't!

5. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

good plan but of course do check with your doctor that you aren't anaemic or something x

6. purpleslurple

purpleslurple Well-Known Member

Do you have low blood pressure? Mine is 90/60 and was also low in my last pregnancy - causes dizziness quite regularly. I have to eat little and often and make sure not to stand up too quickly, get too hot etc.

There's no concern for the baby though.

7. Rubyredslipper

They said BP was a bit high at my scan but put it down to nerves etc at being there. I'll mention it to my midwife when I see her next. Felt fine today so hopefully it was just a one off