Dizziness

Amanda

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced faintness and dizzy spells in the early stages?

Just before lunchtime, I stood up at work and thought I was going to pass out. I immediately sat back down, but the room continued to spin even when I was sitting. I also began to feel really sick, even more than normal mornings. Luckily I work with a great bunch of blokes and 2 of them took me home (one driving my car and one following) about 20 minutes later and told me they don't want to see me back in work tomorrow. I got home, went to bed, and only woke up when my daughter came home from school at about 4 oclock. I now still feel dizzy, and very sick, but can't face the thought of food. The only thing I want is lots and lots of fizzy water :? Luckily, I used to drink white wine with soda, so have about 5 bottles of soda in the cupboard!!

With my daughter I had low blood pressure from about 30 weeks and kept fainting, but when I went for my midwifes appointment last week, my BP was actually high, which I have never had before.

Do you think I'm having an off day, or is it anything I should be concerned about? Everything else feels okay......

Tankett i'm sorry that your feeling so unwell at the moment. I've never experienced dizzy feelings but i'm sure it is one of the unlucky symptoms of early pregnancy. Could be your body telling you to slow down and take it easy. Some times I have to stop myself and really think about what is going on inside... at the moment our bodies are going throu some amazing changes.

Have you been tested for sugar in your urine? tell the midwife your drinking lots of fizzy drinks. Could your body be craving sugar?

Hope you feel better today - enjoy the time off work.

x

hi tankett sorry your feeling poorly hun hope your better soon try and take it easy and if it keeps up a visit to gp might be in order xxxxx

Hi Tankett,
I too have had dizzy spells but not as bad as you've described. I feel light headed a lot. I wouldn't stress about it but mention it to midwife/doctor at your next appointment. As Hayley says there are so many changes happening to our bodies it's hardly suprising that we're experiencing stuff like this. I'm still feeling very tired.
Sorry you feel very queasy as well - that must be horrible.
Hope the day of rest makes you feel better.
Take care, S

I'm much better today thanks. Taking it a bit more steady. I keep thinking that I can do more than I can, and making myself bad. I'm not going to do that anymore. In a way, I think that this is the hardest part of pregnancy because you still look the same, but just don't function the same!!!

Totally agree Tankett - As this is my first pregnancy.. i didn't expect such a dramatic change to how i would feel (right from the begining) I just didn't learn from the first time i pushed myself too much... I was totally exausted and felt like crap.. but a week later there i was again clothes shopping, food shopping, cooking, cleaning all in the one day!!

I try to break the house work up now! i'll do the bathroom and our bed room one sunday! then the kitchen and the living room the next sunday... DH is well trained at cleaning up after himself which is brilliant... Food shopping is broken down into a few shops.. I just can't get it all done in one day any more and finally learn't not to try...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back