Divorce while pregnant

preggersmama

Reaction score
Well...I’m doing it. It took months but I’ve come to terms with the fact that my husband has a mental illness, and the delusions he has with it are all directed at me. Not simply infidelity when I’ve never cheated, but accusations that I have naked photos and videos online (many don’t even look like me or have no heads but he says I Photoshop them), that I’m a call girl, have secret phone numbers...the list goes on. And I should “prove to him” I’m telling the truth. He hasn’t gotten help yet despite me begging him to, and I think a therapist won’t cut it.

I’ve since left - baby girl is my priority and she and I can’t stay in that environment. It’s not healthy. I am with my parents in a different state, and in such a loving environment. Will deliver the baby here, but eventually move back home (once DH is no longer in our home, probably will have to be mandated by the court).

I know it’s the right thing and baby girl will be SO much better off. But I’m sad and angry and scared, and starting to file for divorce. Have any other mamas gone through this? I welcome any advice.

I’m so sorry you are going through this but I am so proud of you for removing yourself and your baby from such a toxic environment.

I don’t have any experience but there is so much support out there from places like women’s refuge etc if you need it.

I wish you all of the best and I hope you all find peace and happiness xx

Well done for getting yourself out of a toxic relationship and finding the strength to be positive! You sound like you are doing the best thing for you and your little girl.
I don’t have experience of this but there are plenty of single mummies out there so you can do it! Xxx

I'm sorry you're in this situation. You can't keep making excuses for things you didn't do. You are right to take your child and go to your parents. The child needs to grow up in a healthy environment. A divorce is a long and stressful process that you do not want right now. Since you are pregnant, you need to take care of your physical and mental health. Maybe you should consider a legal separation Legal Separation in California | Family Law Matters until you have the baby. It is similar to a divorce but with several differences.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back