discrimination after a m/c...

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I know it is not quite topic but just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences. In August I miscarried at 8 weeks, I had not told my boss about being pregnant but we called him to let him know I was in the hospital and why so he would hopefully understand etc... anyway he was great at first calling me at home etc but then when I returned to work after 3 weeks [signed off for 2 of them, I took the other as felt not ready and he said OK..] but recently he started to act funny towards me, wrote lots of lists of things to do and left them on my desk like I was a 13 year old school child and everytime I was out of the office I could tell he had been rifling through my desk and on my PC.. so I asked him what the problem is and he told me that I am not doing my job properly and that since I came back after my m/c I have not been the same bubbly person!! [No sh*t sherlock!!??] and that it is affecting my work to the point that the business is suffering.. which is totally rubbish as he had told me that while I was off work it was very quiet and nothing happeened - when I returned I was busy and bringing in clients and cash so he everyone I have talked to has just said that not only is he an insensitive GIT but that he is just trying to either push me out or prepare me for either firing / making me redundant.. that he is convinced that I will be pregnant again soon and will not want to pay for maternity leave etc.

I was so upset and hurt by it all as I thought we were friends.. been here a year and just the 2 of us so I do almost all the work and he is hardly ever here.. now this.. feel so angry.. yes maybe I am not as cheerful but I wonder if he would have been such a shit if a LIVE member of my family had died.. I was off for 3 weeks not 3 months.. what the hell does he expect..

So I have been trying to just get on with my job and he has not brought up the subject since but does keep going on about making financial cuts etc... i wish i was pregnant again so I could tell him to shove his job but I cannot afford to leave without another job and if I jump ship now I will have to accrue more time before same rights etc and am hoping to get pregnant again as soon as possible.

Life can be a b*tch sometimes..

any advice / similar experiences...?

thanks for letting me vent a little...
:cry: :cry:

What a horrible t**t he was defo born without feelings. Im suffered a m/c in june last year my life was compleatly messed up i couldn't even go shopping without breaking out in floods of tears. If i seen a baby anywhere or if anyone asked about how i was feeling i broke down. When i went for my scrape at the hospital their was a baby group waiting in the same corridor. I walked out.people have no idea how heartbreaking a misscarage can be hunny only other woman. The only reason i got over mine was getting pregnant again. If i never got pregnant again i would still be the same. He sounds like an inconsiderate bas*ard to put it nicely he doesn't deserve you as an employee never mind a friend.

Hope you get pregnant soon hunny just stop trying and it happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back