Discharge question (sorry!)

Layla

Reaction score
Sorry guys, this isnt a very nice subject lol

I have notied that my discharge has changed alot over teh past week, instead of being "normal" its gone very watery, im having to change my pantie liners alot more often as they are getting soaked.

is anyone else getting this??

again, sorry, not a nice topic and prob way to much info there for you! :oops:

Oh Layla, I am the same. Mine's only went really bad yesterday, where I had panty liners on but my pants were also soaked with what looked like water. I showed my mum who said it looked like my waters were breaking, but it stopped last night but is back just now! I am sure it is normal, but if it doesn't stop I might give my mw a buzz.

The further on you get the increased amont of discharge you get, I am aware of that, but watery...I amn't entirely sure on that one. If anyone can help us, we would be grateful! :lol:

Hope you are keeping well Layla xxx

Hey K

im glad its not just me, hopefuly it is normal, im not to worried at teh mo but like you said, if it carries on i think i will call my midwife just to check.

im keeping well at the mo thank, got this cold/flu thing but im not letting it beat me.

hope you are doing ok

xxx

It is a nightmare having the cold/flu when you are pregnant as you can hardly take anything for it! Not long for you now Layla!xx

yeah it sucks, my midwife said i can only take paracetamol and vit C tablets, im just drinking lots and keeping warm, seems to be stopping it from getting any worse.
nope, not to much longer, im hoping he will come a week or two early, got my next scan on thursday sop i get to see him again then :)

My discharge is totally different to that, I was thinking about this today, when i wipe mine looks like snot!! Not a solid clump of it like a show but it looks like someone has a runny nose and blown on the tissue, it's a cream colour, not funny colour.

Your making me wonder whether i'm normal now!! (i personally will never be normal!! Lol)

I am at the hospital on thursday to, mine is to see the consultant though to go through my birth options as i had a few problems with Amy.
Not looking forward to it one bit but baby has to come out!!!

:roll:

I have heard people talking about a birth plan-what is it? I am not entirely sure what it is. I have ideas in my head that I would like to be in the birthing pool, don't want an epidural etc (too scared) but it's not written down anywhere.

Amy's mum, what happened with Amy's birth? Was it bad? Here's hoping our back 2 back baby's move soon-especially you as you only have a few weeks to go.xxx :shock:

My discharge is like this too!!! It has been very watery for the last couple of weeks but it seems to have stopped a bit now!!!
So I guess this is normal. Have they got a kind of metallic smell? Sorry, i am rubbish at describing things lol

Amy's mum said:
My discharge is totally different to that, I was thinking about this today, when i wipe mine looks like snot!! Not a solid clump of it like a show but it looks like someone has a runny nose and blown on the tissue, it's a cream colour, not funny colour.

see thats what mine has been like up untill now which is why i have questioned the watery change.

good luck at the hospital on thursday, i hope the docs can reasure you and you have an easier time this time round

xx

futuremum said:
My discharge is like this too!!! It has been very watery for the last couple of weeks but it seems to have stopped a bit now!!!
So I guess this is normal. Have they got a kind of metallic smell? Sorry, i am rubbish at describing things lol

im not sure wether its metallic, ive not thought about it before but it defo does smell diffrent to the normal snotty stuff lol i will have to watch out for that now and let you know

xx

Karrina- I was induced with Amy as i had high BP, i had a 29 hour labour, wouldn't dilate so they broke my waters and went from 2-9cm's in half an hour (very painful).

I delivered her head within an hour but then her shoulders got stuck, which took alot of people and alot of time to get her out (very scary). Then the placenta wouldn't come away properly so i bled really badly, had to go to theatre for a manual removal. Needed a 4 pint blood transfusion and was just generally under the weather after.

They are worried about the getting stuck thing, they think i have a small pelvis, which is why i didn't dilate with Amy as she wasn't getting through enough to put pressure on the cervix. I have to go to see my consultant to discuss what he wants from me this time.

Never know, they might induce me so i have a small baby!! :D or give me a section :(

Wow Amy's mum! i didnt know you went through all that, sounds terrible!

hopefuly they will induce you early then, or a c section, have you had any scans this time round to see if this baby is big?

i got told my the consultant that im not allowed a midwife lead delivary atall, i have to go to the main hospital because this baby seems to be big, got my final growth scan thursday to comferm it.

the consultant said to me........

" well if the babys shouldres get stuck then your in the best place"

i was like, hey, yeah, thanks for that! lol

let us know what they plan to do for you, i hope you get teh outcome you want

xx

Ouch Amy's mum that sounds horrendous. A 29 hour labour on top of all that! Are you not a bit nervous/apprehensive this time round or do you think it has made you more prepared for things? x

To be honest i am absolutely pooing my pants!!
I am definately not going through it again, as long as i have a sibling for Amy then that was all i was bothered about.

I am hopng they don't suggest a c section, i don't think they are practical when you have one already to run round after, bu obviously baby's safety comes first.

They haven't mentioned a scan so i'm not sure, the fundus measurements seem bob on for my weeks so they will probably be happy with that.

Layla- How big do they think baby will be?? Were your others big?

at the scan i had at the end of november, he was weighing in at just over 6lbs, the avarage for that stage is 3 to 4lbs according to them.

they are going on the half a pound a week thing so if he has carried on growing at teh rate he was then he will be around the 8lbs mark on thursday, then i have another 4 weeks to go so im looking at 10lbs.

but my bump hasnt grown much in the last 3 weeks so i think he may have evened himself out, maybe had a growth spirt early on or something.

I know at the last scan he was messureing up as a 37 week baby and i was only 32 + weeks.

I wont know anything more till thrusday, but im hoping he has evened out.

my other two were not big, Charlie was 7.2 and Ethan was 7.7. there dad is small and skinny tho lol

Jase is 6'6 and was 9lbs 10oz born

so will they induce you then if they find out that baby is getting too big? or haven't they mentioned it?

the last i heard they were talking about getting him out early if he carried on growing at teh rate he was, so its all down to teh scan on thursday.

in one way i want him out early, cant wait to have him here, but in another, i want to go in labour natrualy coz the waiting and twinges are so exciting! :D

yeah that is what i want, if you areinduced and you get a pain you know it's the startcos they have made your body do it. No excitement of "is it? isn't it?"

Oh well, thursday is the day of truth for us both then!!!

yep! Davina see's her doc on thursday too, shes hoping they are going to bring her c section date forawrd.

we should all compare notes when we get back, fingers crossed we all get teh results we want huh?! :)

i am not getting my hopes up at all, they are going to say to me, "we will leave you as your fundus measurements are ok"

In a way i hope they induce me early as i am due a day before Amy's 2nd birthday and i don't want her day ruined by me not being there cos i am in labour!!

We'll have to see.

Good luck alll girlies that have a deciding appointment on thursday! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back