Discharge in pregnancy

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the dodgy post, but the past few weeks i seem to be getting very heavy discharge.....and a cople of times i've had the smallest bit of blood there too.........Is this heavy discharge normal, has any one else experienced this??

Thanks

Amy xx

I get very heavy discharge, but no blood. Sorry for this, but it is very think and creamy, and there is loads of it. It looks like porridge!!!! :shock: :oops:

Oh yes, discharge is normal, i've had loads, its really quite yuk! but i've not had any blood in mine, you should get it checked out hun just incase.
Invest in some good pantyliners & you'll be fine! :lol:

same as other girls, hell of a lot! but no blood, check that out with your midwife. xxxxx

I had alot when I was pregnant too. There shoudln'tnormally be blood in it, but if it's only a drop it may be from your cervix which is normally harmless. but get it checked with your midwife - she knows best :D

glad someone brought this up.... i got loads!! same as described above! thought i was the only one as no-one else mentioned it.... no blood thou - i'd speak to your MD like th e others have said!!!

x

just wanted to ask.... does anyone get itchy bits too? sorry bit embarrasing one to ask! started getting discharge quite a few weeks back... but the last week or so i've been getting itchy bits too - really itchy!

x

Hayley, it could be thrush as the acidity of your body cahnges during pregnancy and can make you more prone to thrush. Symptoms include itchiness and a discharge so perhaps just mention it to your midwife at your next appointment?

hmmmm ive not had hardly any dischrge at all am i normal???
if there is blood hun id def get in touch with midwife to be on safe side
hayley sounds like you might have a bit thrush there hun pop and have a chat with gp xxxx

never thought of that.. had it once before and when i think about it it was the same!!!! hope it's not dangerous to baby! am i right in thinking thrush is a yeast infection or something like that? does anyone know the cause of it... does it have something to do with our diet?

think i'll give my friendly hospital a call later...

thanks for pointing it out girls - it was begining to annoy me... i was washing and going through femine wipes by the dozens!
x

Hayley its not dangerous to the baby, but if it is there when you give birth you can pass it on to the baby and they can have oral thrush, or a bad nappy rash etc. It is a yeast infection, in pregnancy it happens because the pH of your body changes. Best things to do are make sure you wear loose cotten underwear, don't use any scented soaps etc. Reduce any sugary foods and refined carbs out of your diiet, including bread. Hope this helps x

Thanks beanie - it is thrush.. called the MD and told her my symptoms she advised me to get caneston... makes sense now! i've ben using more soap and body wash down below due to the discharge but without knowing it i've been making it worse! also i've been eating a lot of sugared jellies and sweet stuff.... never use sugar in tea or ceral but lately i've got a right sweet tooth!

Thanks for the advise girls.
x

Thanks for the replies.........my spot of blood hasnt happened since but gave midwife a call and she said it's probably from my cervix and is sucha small amount nothing to worry about. As for the discharge.....well it's a pain but i have invested in some good old panty liners....they seem to do the trick!

just a thought but if the discharge is white a creamy like porrige and your itchy too it sounds like thrush to me which is very common in pregnancy due to you having more blood so things are warmer down there and you are a lot more prone to that kinda infrection, a simple cream from the chemist should help, if you have spotting with it i advise you see midwife or if you are near end of your pregnancy it may be signs of the mucus plug comming away!

the only discharge i get is clear jelly like discharge which i have been told is perfrectly normal as long as it stays clear its a little like ky jelly if i'm honest or egg white and its suppose to just be a protective secretion for the cervix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back