Disappointing ante-natal class

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Back from our first class & was really disappointed with it. Mw started off saying how the mw's who normally does it is off sick & on annual leave plus the physio had cancelled too. So was really obvious the mw taking it was blagging it & unprepared. We got a whistle stop brief summery of labour & pain relief & were out within the hour. mayb i had too high expectations but was really hoping on more info on active labour positions & difference between midwif led & labour ward. Still havent been told what all hosp can do! Not looking forward to nxt weeks now, prob b crap as well. I Learn more on this site than from the mws :( x

I didn't find nhs any where near as informative as I felt they should be either. Nct really have been worth the money for me that said thanks to you tube and the internet there is very little you can't find out if you look so don't despair. Xxx

Oh no that's such a shame Hun! I didn't do NHS ones as they were full so I've not got any experience of them. I think a lot of info is online and even though I did the NCT classes last time I was really guided by the mw when I was in labour x

I think NHS ones vary, depends who you get I guess. Fx it's better next week, they can't tell you everything in the first week. People on here can answer a lot I'm sure. My first one is Thursday...fx it's not crap too! Decided against nct as couldn't really afford it. Xxxx

No they seem to have it spilt into 3 sessions, next week is for baby care & feeding i think so theres not much room for going over same topics again. i dont mind reading up & doing my own research but i would of liked more info on the specific midw led unit & labour ward cos their seperate & im undecided which to choose. It was such a hash, felt like a waste of time going. & there was people there who had traveled over an hour for it. Really not impressed with my hosp, every time im there its been generally bad experience, got a letter to say they lost my bloods from last appt, need to be repeated, was meant to be getting the results tomorrow Grrrrr. Hopefully nxt week will be better & the mws & physio's are all bk to work. x

Meh. Maybe get there early next week and try and question the mw on her own before it starts. Also you could possibly contact mw led unit yourself and speak to someone, I'm sure they'd show you round. Xxx

Was thinking of asking tomorrow at my appt, i assumed there was tours but has been no mention of it so far. The third session is a dvd so im guessing they do that now instead of tours. Hope urs goes better umbongo, u can share ur knowledge with me lol. x

I'll do that if I get any! ;-) Fx I hope there's some friendly people to meet! Would be nice to meet some other older mums to be. We shall see, probably all be whipper snappers (no offence anyone!) ;-)

We didnt get to greet or meet the other couples, she said there was too many of us. Would of been nice though, to even hear everyones due dates. i think i was one of the earliest ones going by bump size plus mw made comment about most ppl being around 35-36 wks. I was expecting same but was surprised to see alot of older mums, some having little late babies after other children & it was all couples except for one couple of ladies. i didnt expect there to be as many men but it was good cos they were cracking jokes at times which lifted it abit. Plus they had biscuits...suppose that was a plus! lol x

Oooh I hope we get biscuits!! Haha. I keep meaning to join nct as they have coffee mornings and things, could be good to meet people. Being a full time mum will be pretty lonely otherwise!!! X

Yeah ive been trying to find out about local mum & baby groups but there doesnt seem to be alot going. Would of liked to of went to preg yoga or something while im off & meet other mummys but again none in area. I need to live in a city lol x

Sorry they are not good i start nhs ones next monday and i know my midwife is very good.
We were lucky to get nct classes paid by bf company which we started last week id b happy to share anything i find out.
Xx

Thanks positive, the nct ones seem to be the best but we couldnt afford it unfort. Nice one getting bf's work to pay! Let us know if u pick up anything good! x

Of course i will ill post up ar weekend as we have breast feeding tnite and last class fridaymnight, i will write up what ive learnt too and if she sends me any reading materialmi can email u if u wwant.

I did find out that with little girl u could get a bloody nappy in early days due to mums hormones mad eh xx

Serious? Never knew that, good to know these things, imagine the panic finding that in a nappy! Thanks positive xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back