Disabled and pregnant

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by simhaz1, Jan 8, 2008.

1. simhaz1

simhaz1 Well-Known Member

Hi there i've just found out i'm pregnant with my 3rd and after i haqd my first i found out i had MS was woundering if anyone else suffers with MS or any other disability and how they cope i was told by the docors me being pregnant would not aggrivate my MS and all through my second i had an attack every month, i am feeling this is going the same way.

has any one got any advice? it would be much appreciated

thanks

simhaz1

2. Lindsay

Lindsay Well-Known Member

Hi hun I don't have any advice but just wanted to say welcome to first tri :wave:

Xxx

3. Steelgoddess

Steelgoddess Well-Known Member

Me either sorry but again welcome! and congrats!!

xx

:hug: :wave:

4. mandspice

mandspice Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Welcome and congrats! Sorry to hear you have MS. I don't have any experience of this but I do have a "high risk" pregnancy due to a few factors. It means I get extra care which is great, I expect you will too? xx

5. simhaz1

simhaz1 Well-Known Member

Hiya :wave:

you would think i would get extra care but i haven't yet.

when i was in labour with my second i ask for an epidural eventauly someone came and he said he couldn't do it as i have MS so i had to wait so they could call someone else that might be able to do it,

you would have thought they would have figured that out, i had been in for at least 16 hours before i need it.

not looking forward to this time really, still waiting for the midwife to contact me, been waiting a week left a couple of messages stillo no joy

6. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

:wave:

I have Crohn's disease... as well has having a high risk pregnancy. I was told that my pregnancy would not aggravate my Crohn's although I have had quite a lot of stomach issues and I've had to change a lot of meds that I used to rely on heavily... :(

tbh I don't think the medical profession really know what to do when someone with a chronic illness presents as pregnant. :rotfl: Its been fun watching them try though..

I've had a lot more extra care near the end of my pregnancy than at the beginning... I had to wait for ages to get a scan (19weeks was my first on the NHS here in Spain).. I had to pay for private ones all before that or they were emergency ones up at the hospital.. So you might want to try that too...

7. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice either but just wanted to say Congratulations and Good Luck! :D