Dilemma!!!

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I work for the probation service. Up until recently I was in a nice little office as a case administrator. I always loved my job but in July I was signed off with depression, I didn't go back until October. When I did go back I found it hard getting back into it and wasn't enjoying being there. A new position came up as an NVQ administrator for the trainee probation officers in a different office so I put in an interest. Anyway, they chose to move me, which at the time I thought was great. The job is a lot quieter compared to my old one which, I shouldn't really complain about as the case admin role is a very hectic role, but its so quiet I feel like I'm clock watching constantly. I'm not enjoying being in a new office and I'm not keen on my new boss.

My partner says I should think myself lucky that the job is quiet and less stressful, but to be honest I would rather be busy than be sat clock watching!

In hynsight if I knew I was pregnant I would not have asked about the other role.

Its hard to explain but I just want to go in, do my job and come home now I'm pregnant, and learning a new job seeing as I will be off on maternity, seems a bit pointless.
I would feel happier being in the environment I know. Does that make sense?

I will probably have to change jobs when the new baby comes along as the hours I work and the travelling I do would not work out with childcare etc but I cant really change jobs now being pregnant.

Basically I'm not sure what to do, I was going to ring HR and explain how im feeling (im currently having regular meetings anyway after being off on long term sickness) i find it hard talking to my boss, or should I hang on in there?

Im really stressing about it! any advice??? :wall: :think:

Maybe its part of the depression hun but I think in latter months you'll appreciate the more sedate pace of your current job. People with depression often find change very difficult but think of the reasons you wanted out of your last job in the first place and balance them against your new job and how you might feel in a few months when you'll start slowing down yourself naturally with the pregnancy.

I could cope with the job being quiet, but today I had no work to do all day. In an effort to find something to do we put books in alphabetical order. I felt like I was going mad and came out crying!!!!

Really not enjoying it.

If I was to find another job would I still qualify for maternity pay?

:? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back