Dilemma!

possum

Reaction score
I posted a thread earlier becasuse I'm not quite sure what stage I'm at. Anyway, I think I might be pg. I have somne symptoms (sore boobs, funny taste in mouth, slight nausea and wierd indjestion) and AF is late, plus I did 2 tests and both showed a faint positive after about 10 mins, getting much darker after about an hour.

Anyway, my OH is overseas until the 21st and I wanted to wait until then (and until I was sure) to tell him. BUT I've just been offered a new job - starting on the 11th July (I didn't know I was pg when I went for the interview as we only did it once without condoms!!) So all my friends want to go out and celebrate. But I can't drink and I can't tell them before I've told my OH. AARRGGHH! I'm feeling very stressed and I don't even know for sure that I am pg (i have a bit of a distrust of the test results...)

Any advice?!

I would go out but drive - then you have an excuse not to drink? or say you are on ... what do they call them tablets they give you when you have an infection???... antibiotics! They'll work as an excuse too if the driving one doesn't.

|t's not a sin to tell someone before you tell your OH. I told one of the girls I worked with first because I was too scared to tell OH at first (stupid I know). Can you confide in a close friend just so they can back you up? It's up to you though babe. You hold the final decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Sorry but what's an OH? I assume it's husband but what does it stand for?

Hi Kim

OH stands for Other Half

HTH

Lucy

Makes sense!! Thanks for that!

To get a second opinion on the pregnancy test thing I would recommend getting the digital one from clearblue. the result was very very quick and comes up with big blue letters 'pregnant' on it.

:eek:

i didn't fancy trying one with a blue line, i thought I might not believe it as much.

Sarah - I went to the ocs and he confirmed it! So I am pg!! V excited but quite anxious at the moment and not sleeping that well. I don't now why really. I'm really happy about the baby, but I have a lot going on at the moment (staring new ob, OH overseas and he's very apprehensive about the whole thing.) I know I just need to chill but my subconcious mind keeps waking me up at 5am !!

Congratulations!!!!

Dont worry, my mind was absolutely fixated on the baby for the first week of knowing and I couldn't sleep a wink the night I found out.

I was making plans for what I was going to eat, going to wear, how I was going to exercise, blah blah blah... couldn't sleep at all!

I have known about it for about 3 and a half weeks and I am finally starting to get my head around it and believe it. I am also starting to think about other things, as well as thinking about the baby :wink:

Well done you! :D

Sarah it's a relief to know that it's not just me!. I don't even know why I'm worrying. I'm really happy about the pg but it feels rather surreal at the moment. One minute I'm thinking about the baby and how it will feel to hold them ( I even had a dream about breastfeeding last night) and then I start thinking that it is only early in the pg and something might happen.

I had a friend have to have a termination at 3 months due to foetal abnormalities so that sort of thing is scary. It's hard because my OH is still overseas and I know that he will have a hard time coming to terms with it all.

Having this board is great though just to be able to vent some of my feelings and know that Im not alone. I know that I'm in a really good life situation to have a baby - job, financially secure, supportive husband etc but I still feel very apprehensive and nervous (keep getting butterfiles in my stomach!) I know it's probably all normal though!!

My advice to you now is to be prepared for lots of strange little twinges in the abdomen. I wish someone had told me this a month ago then I may not have been such a wimp. :)

The books don't tell you about this and it is a worry when you get strange feelings and little cramps down there but apparently it is normal. A lot of the strange twinges are where the ligaments are being stretched where the baby is embedding itself into the womb. I'm no expert of course, but this is what I have found out.

I have also been getting quite a bit of trapped wind :oops: , which also causes me pain. Apparently this is quite common but the books don't tell you about that either :x

I have had a few days where I have hidden under the duvet in fright and it has turned out to be nothing.

I am normally quite a confident person but this pregnancy has turned me into a nervous wreck so far! I have just started calming down now and looking forward to getting to 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back