Digital photo frames

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Minxy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Minxy

Minxy Well-Known Member

Am starting to think these might be THE gift this year.

Argos do one for £34.99 but it's constantly sold out as are the cheaper frames in all the big retailers.

I can't be bothered to hunt anymore so have gone for £40 ones from Redsave.com, so at least I know I've got them.

Anyone else planning these for pressies? Where are you getting yours from?

2. Izzy

Izzy Well-Known Member

They have them in Asda for £38.

Whats special about them? Are they like a photo slide show? Do you have to plug them in?

3. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

Just check out with the cheaper ones (Boots had one that we were looking for for £40 or so) that it has its own memory otherwise you have to buy a separate memory card which makes it as expensive as ones that cost £90 etc.

4. Minxy

Minxy Well-Known Member

The ones I've bought have got free memory cards with them so maybe I did get a good deal after all!

Izzy wrote
    Yeah, you put your memory card in them for a slideshow in a frame. They're for our parents :D

5. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

I bought one a couple of days ago for £39 ish from tesco. looks pretty on my mantlepiece

6. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I just bought the same one as minxy from that site :D

7. lisa&alex

lisa&alex Well-Known Member

i dunno.. seem a lil bit of a waste of cash to me...although i can see why they would be appealing.. jsut dont get why they are soooo expensive for what they are.. you can get a decent digital camera for bout a 10r more..i would perhaps think aobut it if they are about 20 quid.. but nearing 40 bucks for it.. nah!

8. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Well-Known Member

I don't really like them,they're alright I suppose,if your house is more modern style,but our cottage is all old-fashioned inside,and it would just look out of place.It's a good idea for christmas pressie,actually,I think my xcousin would like something like that.Hmm.. :think:

9. lillou

lillou Well-Known Member

my OH bought one last month for our living room, he paid £130 from HMV and although its a lot of money its a great thing to have!
    I love just sitting looking at the pictures on it!
    I then bought one for my sister's christmas for her living room and have uploaded pictures of her and her OH on it so its ready to use!

10. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

I am getting my dad one for xmas as he loves that sort of thing and takes MILLIONS of pics :lol: