Difficult pregnancy

Kkeeco

Reaction score
I suppose that i might be suffering pregnancy depression. Let me describe my situation. I'm close to 26, i have a son that turns four in September with bad speach issues and one leg longer then the other. I consider the father nothing but a sperm doner, alcoholic on drugs hasn't been around in roughly three years. I'm married, to a man I don't love but it's simply because of the lack of spark. I've been with him almost two years total, not including the 6 months we separated. He is a good man, very supportive. He has a boy that just turned three, extremely smart and has been talking in complete sentences for over a year we have full custody. There is another six year old boy that my husband has been raising sence he was two months old, extremely bad comprehensive skills and has the tested mentally of a two and a half year old. He can talk right but doesn't understand anything hardly. We have no leagal rights to this boy whatsoever. Both my husbands boys have the same blood mother.. I was working as a machine settup person in a factory, I pretty much did the most work out of two departments and when i was on night shift( two shifts, I switched back and forth) i was the boss of and ran my department, loved the job hated the bosses. I became pregnant and found out at roughly one month into it. I did all the right things, first informed our safety guy, then the dayshift group leader of my department then I announced it to the whole night shift ( about 9 people including myself) anyways, a month after that (roughly two months into the pregnancy) our safety guy descovers as he was updating our chemical MSDS's that the main cutting oul that we work with (picture this going home every day having this oil up past my elbows, in my hair, all over my clothes on my face even. Oil that just poors all over the place and runs through all the machines i work with.) this oil has a level two toxicity to reproduction. I finished out my work evening, discussed it with my husband and quit the very next day. When I quit i was barely able to stay awake through the day often nodding off while working. this is what made me take the pregnancy test in the first place. I'm now able to go through a day awake with some naps every once in a while. Sence about two and a half months in ive had nausea, and round ligament pain. Barely able to keep up with our two boys playing the stay at home mom. Getting more depressed by the day knowing I don't have the energy to properly stimulate the mental growh of these two boys. I over use the tv and can't handle going outside with them as they sometimes get too close to the road and do not mind well. I just can't handle it by myself. My first pregnancy i had no problems. I'm used to being ADHD as i have been my whole life. Now i look around and say "huh.....what..." Alot. I'm roughly five months in or so, feel like it's been a year. No job. My husband is having difficulty keeping up with the bills. Now ever mind we do not sperge money on anything we budget tight. I worry about everything and feel useless, like I don't make any difference, I can't even keep up with the house chores. I am losing hope of everything.

I guess no one has anything to sujest or say.. :(

Hi, sorry to hear you're having such a tough time of it. Would it be worth going to speak to your doctor about how you're feeling, and to tell them that you're struggling?

Also maybe you could look into a little business that you could do from home or something like that to help you be able to contribute financially?

Sorry I'm not much help xx

It sounds like your circumstances are catching up with you. Antenatal depression is not unusual and given your circumstances I think it's a possibility. I'd go and visit your gp or midwife and ask to be referred to the pregnancy mental health team. Alternatively there are many counselling services that you can self reference to, Health in Mind is one that immediately springs to mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back