Different pains to normal

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a pain which is half way down the bump on one side and feels like a hard prodding.

It seems to be where the midwife had her doppler yesterday and I wonder if this caused it with the hard pressing down.

Its not low down like the round ligament pain and doesn't really feel like stretching.

It almost feels like the baby has got a stick in its hand and is poking me from the inside. Its reasonably painful and only when I walk.

Is this just another one of those things?

Hello

It could be one of those things. I can't seem to get comfortable the last few days. My tummy has been feeling like it's aching - not period pains but like how you arm feels if you hold it in the air for a long time (though why would you?). It's been better today but now my coccyx hurts and I'm thinking of bringing in a rubber ring to sit on :lol:

Oh the joys.....
Louise

Snap

My coccyx is agony today?

I asked the midwife if a rubber ring might help and she said it was just for piles ????

I might try it anyway

ouch!

Hiya Sarah

I have so many aches and pains, somedays I really worry and panic. I do get a pain down the side that feels different from the ligament pains but I do think it is where its all stretching. Its a cross between a stitch/if someone was prodding me. This can happen when im walking too, and for no apparent reason. Maybe yours is the same, or where the baby is lying, you never really know. But unless it gets unbearable (then ring your midwife) I wouldnt worry. If you look through these forums and others you will find so many people asking such similar questions, sure its just another lovely side effect of a little person growing inside us.

Oh the joys...

:0)
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I've had lots of ligament pain and I gets several different kinds of pain too. Sometimes it's like a stretching ache, sometimes more like a muscle cramp, sometime like tightening either side and sometimes that prodding feeling. Since it seems to happen when you walk that would point to ligaments I think. I had a chat to my midwife about this on Monday actually- she drew a diagram and stuff but she said that it shouldn't be a problem after 28 weeks as the muscle has done most of its stretching by then or something! (I got a bit lost!) Some people had said to me that all the walking I do will help with childbirth- she said that the pains showed that those muscles are really working and that this was good but probably more for after I've had the baby- I presume because it will go back into shape easier...? Anyway, she seemed to think it wasn't wholly a bad thing in any case. Certainly feels bad at the time though. Mine is much much worse in hot weather for some reason- the last two days walking home has been very hard work indeed- I might even get a taxi tonight!

I hope that helps- hope it clears up soon for you
+++

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. You have really put my mind back at rest.

It isn't hurting today and I feel much better.

It is definitely a cross between stitch and being prodded so I'm sure it is the same thing.

Pheew!

This site really keeps me sane! :) :D

I suffer from a stitch in my right side and an achy feeling in my left side. Its not very comfortable. But my bump has seemed to have grown from nothing to something over the past 2 days, so I think mine is stretching aswell. Its not helping now that my legs and ankles have swollen up aswell!!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back