dieting and breastfeeding

Nicnax

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

So, my little lady is 4 and a half months old now, and I'm still exclusively breastfeeding. She is doing great- she is nearly on the 91st centile, and is a gorgeous, happy baby. I am starting to get to the point where I'm feeling a little down about my post baby body. I have always been a bit of a gym bunny, but am finding that I don't have the time now, although I am working out at home. I don't find it easy to lose weight, and have always done quite drastic diets in order to shift the pounds, but I am nervous about going on a diet whilst breastfeeding. I am''ve paranoid that it may affect my supply, and the quality of my milk...anyone out there dieting and breastfeeding? :)

At that age I think BFing allows for about 500 extra calories, so if you stuck to around 1700-1800 cals a day you should be able to see a difference.

I am dieting and BFing, but I'm 9 months in, so using the extra couple calories as "bonus" if I need them, but seem to be managing fine,

I just make sure my diet is balanced and I'm getting dairy, fruit and veg.

Thanks Tweety- good to hear that you are still doing fine. Doesn't help that I am still stupidly hungry all the time- I feel worse about my weight, as I feel like I am eating like a horse
:)

Last edited:
I did Weight watchers whole bf, and it just fell off. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Weight watchers is a good one to do as they allow extra points for bfing mummies but you still lose weight :) xx

Im glad someone posted about this, im 6 months in and cant break past the 10st 4, im also bf and cant afford to drop food as he feeds through the night still so this is my strength lol xx

My baby is 4 months and I've been doing WW. I've lost a stone since April. I'd given it a go if you can. You have your extra points and I think it's been a healthy way for me to loose weight without it affecting bubs xxx

Im bfing and do slimming world and its brilliant xx still eat all right foods x extra healthy a to keep calcium up and its grwat ive lost over a stone in 10wks x

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

I've just joined Ww again. Did it after DD1 and dropped 3 stone and git to goal. Had DD2 7 weeks ago and have 3st to
Lose again. I know it works and doesn't affect bf at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back