Diet

Azam

Reaction score
I think I will start to diet.
I'm 15w+5 and I gain 9 lb so far.
I went to pregnancy yoga class today and I meet other mums, when I compare myself to them I look like 25weeks.

Have you spoke to your MW about this? I'd get her advice before dieting x

You shouldn't diet in pregnancy just make healthy choices and it is normal to gain weight. Not just in baby and amniotic fluid weight but your blood volume increases by 1/3 in pregnancy so your 9 lb isn't all fat. If you look at guidelines released by the institute of medicine (which our health board use) as guidance it states how much weight gain is acceptable for which BMI bracket you are in.

I really wouldn't if I was you. Restricting your food intake is potentially hazardous to you and your developing baby.

You need:
About 1,800 calories per day during the first trimester
About 2,200 calories per day during the second trimester
About 2,400 calories per day during the third trimester

As long as you're not going stupidly crazy over these guidelines then you should certainly not reduce your calorie intake.
Why don't you get a calorie counter app on your phone and monitor what you're having during a day.

The thing is I don't eat that much.
I hate sweets and all the food I eat are healthy but my bump looks huge for 4 month compare to others.
My bmi is still under 25

Everyone is so different. You will probably find it will even out in the end
Please don't diet. Speak to your midwife xx

Thanks for your kind replies

If you eat healthily and had a healthy bmi when you got pregnant then you really don't need to worry. Just keep eating a varied diet and your body will take care of you. If you really are worried then speak with your midwife but even overweight mums to be are not advised to diet during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back