Did your sweep work ...

Lou

Reaction score
My sweep totally killed me. It really hurt bad and I told the obstetrician(sp?) man to stop but he said I had to think of my baby and it wasn't good to go over my due date. When I eventually went into labour (which I think had nothing to do with the sweep) I told the midwife about the painful sweep and she said I had a sweep by a male obstetrician, not a midwife. She was basically saying that the men who do it are rough. Next time if I was offered a sweep I would let a midwife do it.

Lou :)

Oh and to bring on labour have hot baths - not too hot. and tweak your nipples, it stimulates your uterus so dont tweak them too much or apparently you can bring on labour too fast!! We tweaked mine the night my labour started. and eating pineapple is supposed to help too.

With the hot baths once you think you may be having contractions a hot bath either calms them down or brings them on and makes them regulate. when my labour started I rang the hospital and they told me to have a bath, see what happens and ring them back. and it made my contractions regular and strong!

Good luck, I hope its sooner rather than later for you !

:hug:

oh and with the sex I think its more the hormones that are in a mans sperm that stimulate labour not just the motion of sex alone so make sure your OH does it in you. (tmi) sorry I just really really want to help lol I know how it feels to be overdue and it sucks!!!!

I had my sweep on the Friday afternoon and gave birth on the Sunday Morning and I was told if it was going to work it would work within 48 hours

I'm not really sure if it worked or not because when the midwife was doing the sweep she said i was already 3cm

It didn't really hurt it was just uncomfortable and i found it a bit embarrassing but i would try it again next time if i went over due

Hope you don't have to wait much longer for your LO :hug:

i didnt have one.. but as u love to give j bjs when he does the dead keep it in ur mouth under ur tounge then dispose of it as u like lol...worth a bash...you can also try hand expressing.. i mean.. if ur still there in a few days i would try it.. its worth doing it.. because iductions i hear are more painfull.. longer.. u spend less time with james if you go a few days..(which is likly) as they wont let him sleep at the hospital.. your prodded poked and cant do what u want,

so its up to you.. but i know id be tweeing my nips lol..

midna said:
lou said:
oh and with the sex I think its more the hormones that are in a mans sperm that stimulate labour not just the motion of sex alone so make sure your OH does it in you. (tmi) sorry I just really really want to help lol I know how it feels to be overdue and it sucks!!!!

Ahh theres no problem him squirtin his load up there lol ...just spends the rest of the next hour dribbling out hahah

I know what your saying. When we was TTC we used to do it in the living room so I could watch Takeshi's castle with my arse up on a cushion and my legs resting on the armchair to keep it all in. Good excuse to say "oh can you get me a drink, oh and a biscuit, I can't move for half an hour, thanks love" *snigger* when they walk out the room.

Yes my sweep definitely worked. Had it on the Thursday afternoon and started having contractions by Friday afternoon... not totally regular but definitely contractions.

I gave birth on Sunday night after quite a long labour.
xxx

Bloody things never existed when I had Tia... I was never offered a sweep..

Mind you I did have a majorly HOT curry the night before I went into labour... think that might have started it off.. :think:

Squiglet said:
Bloody things never existed when I had Tia... I was never offered a sweep..

Mind you I did have a majorly HOT curry the night before I went into labour... think that might have started it off.. :think:

Probably helped. I was going to try that but I was worried incase I pooped while pushing. As it turned out I didn't poop but its always touch and go when you have a spicy curry :wink:

I tried pineapple - didn't work lol. Couldn't manage sex, and don't like curries, and had Sciatica in my left leg so long walks were out of the question!

I had a sweep Thursday morning, was crampy all day and had Ryan the Friday night. I was already 1-2cm dilated though when she did the sweep.

I had my sweep on sunday morning and i went into labour on thursday morning.. so no it didn't work for me :(

I tried everything to make myself go into labour... but then i just accepted that she would come in her own time :)

Hey Mid, my sweep worked for me. Had it on the Thursday morning and by half 3 friday morning i was in labour.

mine didnt work! i still went to my induction date... :shakehead: :shakehead:

I had a sweep the the day before i was due to be induced, in the morning i had a show, was leaking alot of fluid and was convinced i was having mild contractions but the midwife at the hospital didnt believe me.. she finally agreed to examine me again after lunch, turned out i was 9cm dilated, baby was out an hour after that... So i say yes it worked but the induction helped it along!

Mine didn't work. I had a sweep at T+7

had to be induced at T+14

DS was born at T+15

mine didnt work at all - I had the joyous pleasure of getting two sweeps ( :puke: ) and still none of them worked

Mine worked with Nathan, I think. I had one at 3 days over and my waters broke 24 hours later and he was born the next day. I was only 1cm when she did the sweep and that was probably just cos he was my 3rd and not that anything was happening.

My sweep was just odd because they thought I wasn't far but MW found me 7cm dilated, shame on them not knowing contractions can be calm and quiet :lol: However, I then went down to 4cm dilated, I think the MW and hospital stopped my progression, but don't know, but doubt this is of any use to you :D If you don't want the sweep, just say no, they can't make you, hope LO comes naturally and soon for you, very best wishes :hug:

I had sweeps with both mine as I went overdue and each worked. I given birth by the morning after I had my sweep!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back