Did your first sweep work?

Kirstieplus1

Reaction score
Midwife booked me for first sweep next week but said not to get hopes up as most first time mums who have a first sweep dont work.

For those of you who have had a sweep, did the first one do anything and was it your first pregnancy?

Make a pregnancy ticker

I had five sweeps in all (including one after induction) - nothing! But I did start them two weeks before due date. He is my first baby.

My first sweep was at 40+5 and did nothing, 2nd sweep was at 41+1 and helped but only because I had started early labour 6 hours before on my own. (this is my first)

Dont want to dash your hopes but I had 3 from 41+ weeks and they didnt do anything for us. x

I had one at 40 weeks-didn't work; 41 weeks-didnt work for me either. Apparently there's a 50% chance of it working at 41 weeks. Good luck

My midwife attempted a sweep at 40+6. She said my cervix was still really far back so she couldn't properly hook around it. Might have done something because my son was born the next day xx

Nope, I had two. but the second one worked!!

I had sweep at 40+2 with my second and it worked.

Started about 3 hrs later.

My first sweep did nothing the 2nd one caused me problems so next time I am letting nature take its course x

I only had a sweep with my second pregnancy, the first one didnt work .. but the second one did. Definetley take a long walk after your sweep :) helps to get things going if baby is ready to arrive xx

was your cerix open at all when they did the sweep? im due to have one on wednesday but the doctor will not do unless my cervix is ready.

Mine did, started getting pains right after having it done, had contractions later that night, went to the hospital but then they stopped by morning so I was sent home but by lunch time my waters broke and I went back that day and had him in the early hours of the morning.

Any other sweep stories, I'm due to have one today and not sure what to think xx

i had one at 40+3 at 7/8pm and my hind waters broke at 4.30am. baby was born at 3.38am next morning

I had one at 40 weeks. I was already 2cm's dilated and having some mild pains, as well as losing my plug, but my midwives believed the sweep helped labour speed up.

I gave birth the next day! xxx

I went for a sweep and mw couldn't do it cos no sign of being ready. Started labour the next afternoon!

I had mine today at about 2.30 so I shall be clock watching see if anything comes of it xx

I had 2 one at 40 weeks and one at 41 weeks neither worked and I was induced at 41+5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back