Did you find out the sex of your child or wait it out ?

That's what I thought Aries

Birdie- as my son is 3 and wasn't going to have anymore so I sold all my baby stuff expect the travel system so either way il have to buy everything again however I buy multi coloured things so it doesn't bother me X

We had a gender scan, basically because everyone said girl! A friend at work dud the ring thing which said girl and Chinese thing said girl. And she is a GIRL! We haven't done pink overload though, bedroom is an aqua colour and decorated with Beatrix potter accessories. Then we got the green cosatto giggle travel system. Due Friday and we can't wait to meet our little lady, although she's still nameless!

I've never found out before birth and won't this time. I love a surprise- I was that kid who never tried to find my Christmas or bday presents early, cause I'm just a sucker for a great surprise. I love meeting my whole baby at once!

Maybe explains why I booked an early gender scan.. I was the child analyzing and shaking my gifts :lol:

xxx

Lol I like surprises, my OH wants to find out but I'm not letting him as he is no good with secrets lol x

The OH and i are totally set on a surprise. We want a neutral room anyway as plan to move in the next two years so want to keep the house fairly plain, also im not keen on baby blues or baby pink pastel colours anyway. Im happy we will find/be given enough gender neutral clothes to get us through the first week or two and then we can shop but im not hung up on being colour specific.

Ive had friends with little girls dressed in pink with headband on in a girly pram and people will still say 'oooh how old is he?!' Lol

Im hoping the surprise will help me push and i also think we will wait to see him or her in person before deciding on a name from the shortlist.

Last edited:
We couldn't wait to find out, we were soo excited so paid for a gender scan at what we thought was about 14 and a half weeks, although we have been dated a week earlier since then! We are so glad we found out, our little boy has a name now and some gorgeous dungaree sets and it's like he is partly with us already :) It was then nice to have him confirmed as a little boy at the 20 week scan xx

My oh wanted to know but I didn't and now he's glad we didn't and looking forward to the surprise! I understand people's reasons for wanting to know, if they want to use gender specific colours, or for further bonding. I don't mind much about colours at all though, I'll happily put a newborn in pink blue or fluorescent yellow - I'm sure the baby won't mind, boy or girl! I'm knitting quite a bit of stuff too, and using some pretty bold, dark colours! Haha
I'd just really like the surprise to drive me through the labour, and for them to just be happy and healthy is more than enough. We do have to have extra scans as our little un only has one working kidney, and have to shut our eyes to avoid seeing between the legs! I've had a strong feeling for a while that it's a girl however, so we'll see - I might be utterly shocked if a boy pops out lol
;-)

I didn't want to find out but I caved at the scan!
Very happy to be expecting a girl x

My gender scan is in 3 weeks. After having my dating scan today Im buzzing.

xxxx

Hey! Congrats..... I found out with my first. I just had to. The pressure of choosing a name was horrendous with me and the ex, there was no way we could decide on 2 names (Just incase), Will probably find out with this one too, hoping for a girl so I have one of each.
Other half told his mum our news yesterday and apparently she's had a vision of us with a little blonde girl. (She's always saying mad things like this, but she was right about her youngest sons baby last year) lol x

I found out (a girl and confirmed by 4d scan) I'm so glad I did as managed to start bonding really well with her, mentally I couldn't have bonded so well without knowing. I'm a planner and always want to know the facts ASAP to get my head around things. :) will find out this time too!

I was team yellow all the way with my son and it was such a special moment when my husband said we have a son, were planning to keep this one a surprise too

We didn't find out with our first- it was a lovely surprise... I did do a ring test though which was right.

With our second one we have found out because o wanted to know for logistic reasons. It is nice knowing to be honest because you can prepare a little better and things.

Had a surprise both times. Thought both were boys but have one of each. Was the most lovely moment for my husband to know what we'd had before me, if only for a second before he told me. So much of pregnancy was just between me and the baby that it was special for him to have something that was just between him and the babies however brief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back