Did you find out the sex of your child or wait it out ?

Aries29

Reaction score
Hi ladies , im only about 4 weeks having Chem preg on 27/02 and ovulation on 10/03

Just wondering if anyone of your guys found out the sex of the baby ?
Did you find out via scan/ using a ring/ Chinese calendar etc
Did anyone wait it out till the due date ?

I'm obviously team Yellow as too early to sex , but I think I'd like the surprise , my only other child is 10 this year and he was a surprise too which I thought was lovely

Also reasons fr finding out the sex
To allow to buy specific colors ?
To be able to buy certain outfits etc
For peace of mind ?

Anyone willing to share there exciting adventures

Hi and congratulations!

We found out with my daughter at the 20w scan, mainly because I can't cope with surprises and I think it's great so you can buy loads of stuff. God willing, all going ok, we'll find out this time too. X

Wow congrats . Did you have your name Sussed pretty early too ? :)

We are going to find out, and have always said we would at the 20 week scan as we both like to be organised! Nursery is going to be neutral colours anyway but we both struggle with names so would be beneficial for is as a couple to just thrash out names for 1 sex rather than 2!!

Also, we've had 3 losses, and I'm struggling to "bond" I suppose with this pregnancy at the moment, even though it's early days still. I'm on edge constantly that we are going to lose this one that I don't want to get too close I suppose and we barely talk about the pregnancy or dare to think about November when it's here. So knowing the sex I'm hoping will also help with us bonding with baby xx

Hey I found out with my first and second however going to be team yellow with this one as I would like a surprise X

We found out with our first. It was nice to buy gender specific colours but tbh we did buy way too much, a lot never got used! It didn't make names any easier as we just couldn't agree anyway and only decided on my daughters name a few days before birth.

This time we wanted to find out again but baby had other ideas at 20 week scan, they had their legs crossed the whole time! That was just over a week ago and still getting use to being team yellow. Some days I'm really excited to have a surprise and others i want to know! X

Yer I like it when you buy the gender colours however I'm just going to buy a few clothes to last me a week then I'm putting money away each week so when baby is born and I'm ready to shop I can go on a baby shopping spree lol x

I've not found out. I want the surprise :)

It hasn't held me back with buying, but I've bought Frugi, Villervalla etc etc, highstreet stores are pink washed or blue washed depending on boy or girl, and too much white for the "gender neutral" option (that said, Next currently have some nice newborn sleepsuits and outfits that are colourful and would look fine on either).
But I've bought all colours, lots of rainbow, some yellow, some pink, some blue etc, it doesn't bother me.

I did find out with my first two though, wasn't going to with my second but then started thinking she was a boy, I was convinced lol, so I decided to find out (and was wrong!)

My eldest is 12 in a month and my 2nd is also 10 at the end of this year so I have a big gap too x

Last edited:
Wow I'll have a big gap too. My son is 10 this may and he's my only child. He's also ADHD and slight ASD so it'll be a challenge I bet lol. Going to wait till 28+ weeks before we tell him so that he can be prepared

I will be aswell. We did last time and it does help with the whole bonding process as you know what your having and some have a name sorted. Jackson became Jackson when we found out and it does help the adjustment I think. Plus I didnt want to refer to it as it or baby constantly. I always think my last pregnancy or if I had one of each i wouldnt find out.

Another reason for us is as we have a boy, be good to know as their sharing rooms for a bit so Jacksons room is blue and full of minions atm so not really baby appropriate and everything is blue :lol:

We are staying team yellow to everyone else tho, so only we will know.

xxxx

Last edited:
Id love to have the patience but i dont lol!

Ive found out both times. Even paid for early 16wk genders because i didnt want to rely on nhs's answer incase it was wrong lol!! But played dumb and luckly both times my boys were not shy for us to see they were both boys lol!

I liked the idea of having their names picked, i talked/talk to my bumps and call them by their chosen names.
I liked having the nursery ready and also i liked buying and making some personalised stuff.

I dont think I could ever be team yellow, it even kills me when family or friends that are preg are team yellow lol! I hate the wait!!!!! X

I've found out with both pregnancys with my daughter I didn't want to know but I was living at home and felt I needed to get everything organised and prepared. This time I was desperate to know and so glad I found out as my daughter was desperate for a sister but it's oven her time to get used to the idea of having a brother. If I go for number three I think I want a suprise as I will already have one of each :) x

And the second reason I'm doing it because last time they told me it was a girl but turned out to be a boy so defo surprised by that lol x

We found out the gender at the 20 week scan. Mainly because we are too practical and partly because DH isn't keen on surprises :)lol:)!
The other reason was because we have so many generous friends offering us items and we didn't want to say 'yes' to everything when we would prefer to take specifically for the gender we are having, and leave other pieces for others who are maybe having the opposite gender.
We are going green and white in the nursery anyway so it doesn't really matter too much but even though we are having a girl we equally didn't want to receive a mountain of pink - it's just not us! :D

I've found out with both of mine and I'm so glad I did! I found out today I'm team pink for a second time and already have a name picked out etc. I feel so much more organised now!

We've stayed team yellow, due in 5 days with our first baby. The excitement of not knowing will hopefully get me through the next few weeks x

My mum was told she was having a boy for every pregnancy and has four girls so im very sceptical of finding out gender! Ive seen the scan pic of me and im not kidding, i def have something between my legs haha! They werent gender scans though just at the nhs 20w scan. My youngest sister was in blue until she was 6 months because my mum had bought that much. Ypu think she would have just stayed team yellow.

We found out, I had extra scans and at my 16 week anomaly scan the consultant thought it was a girl, 20 weeks she was almost certain that it was a girl and 27 week scan it was confirmed. The Chinese calendar also predicted a girl which was pretty cool.

I was just coming on here to ask people's opinions on this... neither my husband or I had any desire to find out when we were pregnant last time & I loved it being a surprise (although I had been saying it was a boy from very early on & was absolutely right!)

This time I really can't make up my mind though! My husband wants another surprise & although my heart agrees with him my practical side kindof wants to know if I need to clear out or keep the mountains of boy clothes we have cluttering up our airing cupboard. The idea of dealing with that after our baby is born if it is a girl, just seems like giving myself an unnescessary job when I'll have 2 children to look after!

On the other hand, if for some reason we couldn't find out, I'd be pretty happy to have a surprise forced on me!

Yer I like it when you buy the gender colours however I'm just going to buy a few clothes to last me a week then I'm putting money away each week so when baby is born and I'm ready to shop I can go on a baby shopping spree lol x

Love the idea of a shopping spree /-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back