Did you ever feel this way??

Reaction score
Hi ladies...I am a little bummed out here. I am 8 weeks pregnant, and I can still wear some of my jeans, but the only thing is, I feel like I am growing out on the sides more than I do in the front. I feel fat and yucky and getting a little depressed. None of my shirts look right on me anymore.

Have any of you ever experienced this? I would love to hear what you did if you have. Thanks in advance for any responses.

hi im coming up to 8 weeks and i to am struggling with my clothes and look fat rather than pregnant!! all my clothes look wrong now and my jeans hurt! i have bought a few maternity tops and jeans and i have started to wear the tops they look much better than my normal stuff and jeans well comfy!!!!! this is my third baby so i am expanding a little more quickly than most. do not worry or get depressed it will not be long before you will have a bump and things will start to look good. i just got my hair done and i feel loads better!!!

take care
sarah

I found that on my daughter, i seemed to carry all the way round rather than have a defined bump in front, with my son i looked like i had put a football under my top, no weigt anywehre else.

im still trying to decide which way im showing at the mo, i have a bump but i do have some weight round the sides too

I found the first few weeks really difficult as I just felt fat and not pregnant.

Look in Woolworths - or any haberdashers - for expanda buttons. They've got a kind of loop which fits over the normal button and a button to do up so that you've got a bit more room to breath. So you can wear your normal jeans/trousers/skirts, but not feel like you're being cut in half!

I also got some maternity vests from top-shop which are really nice and not mumsy, but are longer than normal so cover up the funny button arrangement.

Made me feel better anyway

Yep im feeling all depressed lately, i have no clothes that fit and am jus lookin fat. I think at the moment i have 2 pairs oof trousers that fit, as before all my other clothes were tight jeans, so now i have one pair of combat style trousers and one pair of loose fittin jeans, i feel so scruffy that i ave to alternate and wear them over and over again, hopefully tho i shud be doin some shoppin for maternity clothes soon. Lol ive come up with a plan im gonna tell the OH (if i can call him t hat ne more, lol) that i need new clothes cos my clothes that im wearing now are causin damage cos they are to tight. Wot u reckon ladies u reckon i will work, and he will give me money.

Lol, i dont think it will either, ahh well start savin a bt of money for clothes, arrrhhhh im soo poor, and it dnt help that ive been off wrk for the last 7 weeks, so funds are seriously limited at the mo, cant wait to get back to work and get money.

bec x

WOW! I dont feel so alone now. Thanks you guys! I am going to go search for those expander things. I hope I can find some around here. I am in South Carolina, so we dont have those stores mentioned, here. I think I will start buying some of those babydoll tops, that look more like shirts rather than maternity clothes. I just dont think I am ready for maternity yet. Thanks again for all the responses. I feel so much better now.

If you dont want to go to maternity clothes yet just buy a bigger size, i've bought a couple of pairs of loose fitting tracksuit bottoms in a size bigger they'll also come in handy after bubs is born :)

Hello, I am only 7 weeks and I am starting to feel like that too! My clothes are generally just feeling tight and nothing fits comfortably. I can't wait to be showing properly and buying maternity clothes, I also feel like it is too soon to buy maternity clothes, although I started wearing maternity bra's a few weeks ago!

Its reasuring to know you are not the only one feeling this way.
:p

Well I have been really aware of any changes as I was having no symptoms but this week my waist seems to have expanded and I know I am not eating more than usual... good thing i am not having to wear a bikini this year as don't think i would feel very good in one right now..

and all the books mags say we shouldn't notice anything in the first trimester .... well I DO and if I feel big now then what the hell will I feel like by the time I hit the 7th / 8th month!!! YIKES!!

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back