Did you all stay close to home in 3rd tri??

SuziQ

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what you've all done about having some time out before baby is due....
I don't know whether I am being a little OTT... at not wanting to leave the country in the next few months... was thinking a trip on the Eurostar, next month.. but will then be 31 weeks.. and bit worried about being in .e.g. Brussels and something happens.... :think:

Also... I was thinking of saying to my OH to try not to drink for the month before I am due... so that he can drive me to the hosp.. or is that a bit unreasonable??

ALSO.. I wanted to go away 3 weeks before I am due.... about an hour or 2 hours drive away from the hospital I am 'booked' into.. is this wise..

What is everyone else's feelings on this? What have you all done?
I know that everyone has babies 'everywhere' but... think for my first, I'd like to be wisked to my local hospital.. and not somewhere i've never been to before.. without any of my notes..
Am I worrying a BIT tooooo much?? :oops:
xx

It's entirely up to you as to how comfortable you feel travelling. I'm sure plenty of people travel right up until the last minute, and at 27 weeks you still have time to do so.

I'm a bit of a wimp and, although I've been away around the UK, I just didn't feel comfortable going abroad while I've been pregnant. This is just what I felt best for me though. If you're used to travelling and are quite happy, as long as you're having a healthy pregnancy etc, I'd go for it. If you're concerned about anything though, I'd run it by your midwife first just in case she disagrees.

As for the last 3 weeks, personally I just can't face going anywhere now, but as long as you can get to a hospital you'll be fine. In the third tri, every time I went away, I took my maternity notes and hospital bag with me just in case. Just knowing I was prepared made me feel more relaxed.

I haven't gone too far.. there's a big shopping center in murcia that I'd love to go to cos it has a Mothercare... but I haven't gone since 36 weeks in case I have popped... I don't want to labour in Murcia hospital.. they don't even have epidurals.. :shock:

As for drinking... DH can't drive... but I did warn him if we went out anywhere... that I didn't mind him drinking... but just for him not to get wasted... just in case I did pop and he couldn't stand let alone hold my hand in labour.. (DH is a bit of lightweight tbh :rotfl: )

Although I didn't do any of this until my last few weeks.. and well now... I don't even have the energy to get out of bed most mornings.. let alone go on a jaunt abroad.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Do it now... while you still can..

We were offered a night away for our first anniversary but I was 36 weeks by then and wouldn't have enjoyed being in a strange place...

I travelled 2 hours to see my parents when I was 3 days overdue with DD. It all depends on how you feel :lol: (and how stupid you are!!)
I wouldn't go abroad, but that's because my passport expired quite a long time ago and I refuse to pay like £80 for a new one :shakehead:

also u dont know how u gonna feel , at 27 weeks i elt great prob best of the preggy tbh but now again , nausa has returned , no energy at all and feel like crap ! and its only been a space of a couple of weeks it happened!

if u go away anyway take your notes with you

tbh i wanted to birth in the hossy near mum in ipswich , i was contenplating starting labour then rushing the 2 hour commute to give birth there :rotfl:

I've stayed very close to home apart from one everning in December when I went to the NEC to see Wet Wet Wet. Other than that, I haven't and don't intend to venture far at all LOL. I'm a right old scardey cat though! :rotfl:

midna said:
No by 12 days overdue I was so p*ssed off I went and done sainsburys shopping ...she did turn up the next day thou ...naughty seed 8)

I was always out and about even near the end (as much as I could ..even if it was a walk around the block) ...i would of gone insane else. :twisted:

no you wasn't you was always hooked to msn :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I will be 31 weeks next week and am planning on going to Milton Keynes (exciting I know :roll: ). Hubby is working there next week and I can have 3 days relaxation in a hotel while my parents are looking after Jamie :D

We live in the north east, so it is a bit of a trek, but will take my notes with me (just in case of any emergency), but I see this as my last chance to relax properly before baby comes.

Babylicious said:
midna said:
No by 12 days overdue I was so p*ssed off I went and done sainsburys shopping ...she did turn up the next day thou ...naughty seed 8)

I was always out and about even near the end (as much as I could ..even if it was a walk around the block) ...i would of gone insane else. :twisted:

no you wasn't you was always hooked to msn :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yer... we would have been more impressed Mid if you said you went to the mainland to go shopping at Sainsbury's..

There is still only one hospital on the IOW right?

We are going back down to northamptonshire for a week at half term and i will be nearly 36 weeks then . its a good 2- 2 1/2 hour run but i am just going to take my hospital notes and hospital bag with me incase anything happen ..

i have been, and will remain for as long as possible, all over the place!

i flew to belfast at 30 weeks, and over the next few weeks will be spending time in sheffield, kent and manchester :D

am planning on sticking closer to home from around 37-ish weeks, but still plan on going out shopping, meeting friends for lunch etc - at least for as long as i'm happy dragging my bump around.

I've been mainly at home for ther past couple of weeks cos I find being in the car way too uncomfortable. I can barely drive now and I'm just as uncomfy sat in the passenger seat. I have a little daily walk round the block to my mums but after an hour or so there I find I'm itching to get back home and "get settled" as my nan would say!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back