Did u know?

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
That trying to get out of bed with horrible spd and really bad cramp in both legs is near enough impossible?

My spd is at its worst when I'm in bed. Getting comfy is difficult, once comfy(ish) I can get to sleep ok as long as Pip isn't moving around but I seem to wake everytime I move cos of the pain :(

It seems to have eased up over the past few days during the day, but got worse of a night. Even if I sleep with a pillow I still end up moving and waking in pain.

Starting to look forward to Pip's arrival, cos I know at least I'll be able to get comfy in bed! May not spend much time there but I won't be in pain!

:hug: spd sounds truly awful. Hope it eases up soon. X

Oh Hun you poor thing. I have this too turning from one side to the other is agony and wakes me up every time I need to change position in bed.

I'm looking forward to breaking up from work because sitting on a hard chair all day is not doing my pelvis any good. I find sometimes a warm heat pad or hot water bottle helps if placed on my hips for a while.

Hope we find some comfort soon xx

Last edited:
that's exactly how I am, daytime spd has eased loads (can't run or skip but at least i'm not crying in pain anymore) but night times are awful. I wake up everytime I need to move and my husband describes it as like an arctic lorry doing a 20 point turn because i have to roll over in tiny little stages. I heard yesterday that we turn over/move in our sleep about 20 times each night so no wonder I wake up in the morning feeling like i've had absolutely no sleep.......not long to go ladies and then at least we'll have something cute to look at keeping us awake!!

Yep I know that feeling. I have had another sleepless night but the OH is at work today so can at least just lay on the sofa with the darts on tv later. lol

:hug:

It's awful I know. I have some tips that have really helped me though and I've been sleeping better lately.

Keep legs together when you roll over in bed.

Put a pillow, or even better a rolled up duvet along your back, this supports your back and prevents you rolling over. A pillow under the small of your back helps too.

Do you have a big sausage pillow? This has been my saviour. I got mine from mothercare and it's been the best £40 I've spent so far.

Before you get out of bed do pelvic tilts.

Do lots and lots of pelvic floor exercises, strengthening these muscles provides stability for the pelvis and reduces the pain

I do the pillow thing and knees together when turning but it doesn't seem to make a difference :(

The doctor put me on co codamol and paracetamol and thats the only way i could sleep... have had to stop them now because its too close to labour tho now :S x

I know exactly how you feel hun. Mine is now at an all time high and is unbearable. Had a mini breakdown the other night crying as i just couldnt sleep at all. Got used to having the odd hour and then waking up but not its just impossible. It takes hours to finally nod off and then any little pain wakes me up and then takes ages to get back to sleep again!

I have been seeing chiro but now have physio in for next week so hoping that might help a little. Don't know how much of this i can take. Like you can't wait for little one to arrive just to be painfree!! x

Awww mate Im totally with u on that.

Its agony in bed for me and every time I rol over or turn my back clicks...or more like makes a knocking sound!!! Awful... Im sleeping with a small feather pillow inbetween my legs and my long maternity pillow undwer my head and down my side. Im literally like a cripple getting out of bed and making lots of old man grunts and groans...hoooow attractive!!!

xxx

its the calf pains that are doing me in at the moment. legs go dead and hurty and then i have to turn over which requires at least 6 different stages lol

Oww I feel so sorry for you girls, all I have to contend with is the odd leg cramps and a touch of back ache and I moan enough about that. I hope you are taking it as easy as possible.

Awww you poor thing. Hopefully it'll ease up for you and pip will be punctual with his arrival x

oh im d exact same hun its awful but mainly worst at night and with the carpel tunnel wen my pillows fall i cant pick
them up again lol i do feel so sorry for my self and last few weeks keep getting leg cramps in bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back