Did stretch and sweep work for you?

Loopyloo9

Reaction score
Hey all I'm now 38+4 I had a stretch and sweep last Tuesday (3 days ago) after the sweep I was told I was 3 cm dilated and half thinned, I had a show whilst she did it and all that eve I had bright red period like blood in my liners..

Wednesday bleeding stemmed, I lost my big dischargey bloody blob (bright red snotty like) do i lost the mucus plug I had three big bits throughout the day ..

Thursday (yesterday) I had blood tinged discharge when I wiped after urinating ..

Today = nothing!

Anyone else been like this? I'm supposed to be induced Tuesday of no luck but due to having no space to be induced my midwife will sweep me again on Monday (bank hol)

Then if nothing I'll be induced on my due date! 4th.

Advice helpful. I feel like my bump is also getting smaller ?

I had a sweep on the wed had pains wed dinner time n then nothing in till the Thursday dinner time it just stared again worked for me x

Ah thanks - its not worked for me by the looks of things.. Except I'm 3cm dilated 0.5 cm thick (half thinned) and that's it.. I'm due to be induced on the 4th if the other stretch and sweep fails this mondayx

I had one at 38w didnt really do much. Then a week later I started to get contractions was examined she gave a sweep and said go home and rest baby will be here some point today. That afternoon went bavk in as was contracting more was nice and stretchy she said so she gavee another sweep to encourage it.. an houe later I was in laboir. 1st sweep inhad didnt hurt 2nd was bareable 3rd was agony but thats because my cervix was ready xx

fist at 39 week didnt work second at 40 week worked a treat ;) x

You can have more than 1 show, bump feels smaller as head engages and baby goes lower into the pelvis. Sweeps are roughly 50% effective in getting you into labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back