Did i miscarry before?

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by Suzie and Faith, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm 17 weeks pregnant now and all is going ok.
    But before this pregnancy I had a 'feeling' I was pregnant. Now that sounds stupid but I felt precisely how I did when i thought i was pregnant this time. (does that make sense?)

The time I first had the feeling i did a pregnancy test, but it was only a cheap one - a strip of papery stuff! So there were no marks saying it had worked. Now that test came up with a faint mark but i then wasn't sure whether it had worked.
    I decided i'd wait a couple of days and do a better one. But the next day i got what i thought was my period.

Could it have been a miscarriage?

I know it sounds odd but this time I was SO sure i was pregnant that i tested every day until it showed the result i was expecting.

I had that feeling before, partly symptoms but mainly an instinct i couldn't, and still can't explain.

I know there is no way of telling, and that makes me sad, but I guess i haven't really got anything to be sad about as i didn't even think about it at the time.

Ooh that was a long post. Any thoughts?

2. x Naomi x

x Naomi x Well-Known Member

Yes i know what you are saying hun, i felt exactly the same this time around as i did with my first time thats why i started testing, i started spotting a day or two after i got my BFP and then my BFP turned into a BFN and AF arrived afew days after albeit heavier

3. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

I asked very similar question in the TTC forum. I think the same might have happened to me in August, I really believed I was pregnant, my period was a few days late, my boobs killed! I had a tugging feeling in my abdomen - as soon as I dared test though (BFN) AF reared her ugly head. I really thougt I was pregnant. Like you said, I dont feel sad about it cos I will never know! In some ways I hope that I was - I know that sounds awful, but at least that proves to me that my OH and I can conceive together - my biggest worry is that we cant.

4. Penstraze

Penstraze Well-Known Member

I had this a year ago and have been thinking about it alot this week so is kind of odd to read your post today.
    I had a late period and lots of pregnancy symptoms went to the docs who said they thought I was pregnant but early on and test in a week, so I did and BFN again went back to docs and again they said test again in a week still BFN my period turned up 3 weeks late very heavy and with lots of clots I kept the follow up appointment doctor had given me and she said looked like I might have been pregnant but obviously not now and just to try again, I said I wasnt trying and she said in a really impatient voice 'so whats the problem?!' :twisted: Really upset me and I didn't feel I could ask her to confirm that what she'd ment was she thought Id miscarried, dont feel I can be sad over something I dont even know happened but I just had a feeling I was pregnant until I started bleeding and the feeling along with the symptoms totally went my OH was just relived that I wasnt pregnant so didnt feel I could talk to him about how I felt, oddly only person who really seemed to understand was my Dad.

Sorry I seem to have gotten abit carried away! :oops: