Did I feel the baby move?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hey guys...anyone else feel a quickening this early? It's like something small flexing in my left lower abdomen, totally different to the fluttery contractions I used to get during my AF or in or around O time.

Just wondered.

I could have sworn I felt the same but my midwife and consultant said it was probably my 'insides' adjusting for the baby. Obviously the baby can move around freely though so I'm not entierly sure. Sorry that probably didn't help at all :roll:

I think it would be unlikely that it would be the baby, afterall it would only be a few mm long and I don't even think it has any arms or legs yet for you to be able to feel it moving those. It's most likely your uterus stretching etc.
I could'vw sworn that I felt something strange a couple of weeks ago when I was in bed, but I'm 100% sure it eas just things stretching, there's a lot of changes going on in there.

I get them alot now around the bottom of my belly and on the right hand side, it is just your baby shoving everything out the way, the ones on my right hand side is the musles stretching, the ones on the bottom I think is my bladder (As it is always full, plus I don't go as regular if you get my drift) plus the added weight! Midwife said it is normal and good shows that something is happening! *GROW, BABY, GROW* I think We should feel it around 20 weeks give or take a few weeks when the baby as more room to move around!

i have been having them for a couple of weeks now, the more children you have the eariler you can feel them move (so my midwife said) this is my 3rd pregnancy and by now i know what movements feel like.

if you feel/think your baby is moving, trust and belive that :)

Hi Layla

I am also on my third and not having a great time. I had bad pregnancies for the first two and i cant believe i am going through it all again. I already have two boys but i am not really fussed what i have, how about you.

I agree with what you said. when you know what to look out for you notice the symptoms earlier.

take care

x

Hi davina, sorry to hear your not having a good pregnancy, whats up hun?

I have a girla nd a boy so im not bothered what i have this time round, but i have a feeling its a boy.

im due for my scan soon, i cant wait for that

take care, speak soon
xxx

Hi

I have terrible sickness, a constant cold and extreme tiredness and i am putting on weight. but apart from that i'm fine!!! I really hope that this time it stops at 12 weeks.

xx

i had really bad sickness on my daughter, its horrible so i feel for you.

I heard that b vitemins help with sickness, worth a go i guess?

Hi

Thanks love. I will go and get some Vitamin B tablets and give them a go.

All I want to do is enjoy my pregnancy as this one is my last as ive had three c sections and ive been told that they dont really like doing more.

xx

I meant to say that including this baby i will have had 3 c sections.

xx

why did you have a c section on your last 3, have you choosen to have one again on this one? or have you been advised to have one?

Fetal distress after 21 hours of labour and only 4 cms gone with the first. With the 2nd they let me go one week over and then said that they could only give me the gel pessary once at half strength. only had two contractions and so they said no more chances c section. So this time i have been advised to have another c section.

I suppose i would have like a natural birth, but Joshua (number 2) was 9lbs 10, so it was quite a relief really.

xx

9lbs 10, ouch!! lol yes defo have a c section lol

Ouch ! I watched a birthing programme the other day and she delivered vaginal to a 10lb 2 oz baby!!! Oww oww oww!!!!! C-section please!

my other half was 9lb 10 born, im really hoping the baby takes after me, i was only 6lbs 12 lol

I was 8lb 4oz and OH was 9lb2oz - no winning really :shock: oh well, the baby will only grow as big as the pelvis will let out I guess.

OH my god - still so big though!!!!! ouch! :shock:

My partner was 13lb when he was born, I really really hope my baby doesnt take after him!!! I was only 6lb, he was more than twice as heavy as me!

Holy cow...13lbs?

My husband was 10lbs when he was born and he has a rather large head. Uh-oh....

I was just under seven with two weeks to go, my mom had preeclampsia.

One of my aunts was 14lbs - a full stone, when she was born....and she was the 12th (and last) child in the family.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back