Did any of you get a light period when pregnant?

s

Reaction score
My period arrived on Thursday. I thought it might be implantation bleeding as it was old brown old at first and then my period came in earnest. The weird thing is that it's almost stopped after 2 days. I now just have spotting. I normally have a very heavy period that lasts 5 days. I've had some clotting with this period.
I'm finding it all a bit bizarre.
Thanks for your time.
S

I haven't had that, but I have had very light spotting at around 6-8 weeks when I wiped, mostly old blood and a couple of times red, but nothing was ever visible other than when I wiped.

I had a light spotting flow(took hours to look like a flow) for five days around the time of my period should be last month. It was mainly red which isn't normal for me (I know I'm werid) Talk to your doctor if your really concerned. Some women have normal periods while pregnant. I'm sure its nothing. Good luck!!

Hi,
Thanks so much for this. Was there any clotting in it? When did you test to see you were pregnant?
S

I had a little clotting but nothing serious. I've tested left and right but I didn't come up positive until I actucally 'missed a period'. thats when my levels went up. I would suggest testing a couple days after the light flow. Some cheaper tests are more sensentive than others. If you still get a BFN don't worry. It took me bascially to be 9 weeks pregnant before a BFP showed. There are also blood tests. Do you have any other symptoms?

Well my breast still feel full but not as painful as before my 'period' came but I've got a metallic taste in my mouth this morning. I had a diet Coke on Friday afternoon and felt really queasy afterwards and the same when I had a drink on Friday night. I'm hoping to see my doctor this morning. I also feel very tired at the moment and bloated. Who knows!
I don't know if we should keep having sex in the meantime which is why I'm going to the doctor. Wish me luck!
S

Well, you have some symptoms I do. I don't know about the sex question but me and bf never stopped he's just more gentle with me. (I know TMI) IF your really worried ask the doctor. Good luck and baby dust!!!!

Keep us updated!!!
~~Kris~~

There is no harm at all in sex during pregnancy some people don't like it but others love it even more, we are all different. Even in early pregnancy, sex can't do any harm to your baby (unless you have any sort of medical history where you have been told to avoid it etc).

Good luck at the doctors!!!

Thanks guys for the support.
Went to doctor today. It's still inconclusive. He can't work out why my period is irratic but pregnancy is a possibility. He did a urine test which was negative and has booked me for a blood test later in the week. He was concerned about ectopic pregnancy but I'm not in any pain. I now just have a wet brown discharge - sorry for the graphic detail.
Thanks again guys. It's your support that keeps me going. I thought getting pregnant would be a lot more straightforward.
S

No I haven't had my period since my last one......but I have heard that some people do get their periods even when they are pregnant; guess it just depends because all girls are different....but if you are pretty worried about it I'd personally make an appointment to make sure everythings alright....(which I am sure it is but instead of worrying you might as well go and find out).

Hope this helps!

:roll: :oops: :lol: :wink: :?

~Nikki Lee~
(married 7 months, will be 21 on 7/30)

i found out i was pregnant when i was 19 weeks, i never had the slighest clue i was pregnant as i was on the pill and still having periods, they were generally lighter, but my periods have never been very regular. they have stopped now thank god. im just at the nasty back ache bit of pregnancy, no one told me it could be this painfull lol oh well im just excited to meet my baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back