diarrohea caused by iron advice :-/

Danielle77

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I started taking iron tabs on Saturday as my iron levels were a 'little' low. Since yesterday, I've had non stop diarrohea and I'm permanently hungry. I just can't keep anything in my body and I'm so scared I'm not looking after my baby. I'm ringing the docs at 8am to make an emergency appt and I'm not going to take my iron this morning. I may suggest that I should build up my iron naturally through red meat, veg etc?? Also, I'm extrememly worried how I'm going to go docs without having an accident. When I need to go, I have to run. Feeling really upset and emotional about the whole thing as I put these tabs into my body on their say so.
:-( x

Last edited:
I didn't like iron tablets so in the beginning I just took them every other day. Then I was retested and my blood was fine so I just made sure I took my pregnacare vitamins more regularly (Im forgetful). A bit of spinach and red meat is a good idea too.

Mine didn't help me either when it came to toileting, got re tested and midwife said I didn't really need them as I was taking two a day, finally started getting bk to norm after three days but now think I have a bug so bk the other way lol, know how ur feeling its horrible tho x

Thanks ladies. The doctor has taken me off them and I'm going to try and do it by diet - trolley full of red meat, spinach, cabbage and dried fruit! She said that when my stomach calms down in 5 days, to start taking one a day rather than two. I'll be petrified to take them now though!!!

Ive gone the other way with my iron tablets and am constipated :S

Was prescribed 3 per day but only been taking one as i found they gave me a bad headache and made me feel really sick too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back