Diarrhoea

Lulu90

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Luca had a bug over the weekend. The vomiting stopped after 24hrs but we're on day 5 of diarrhoea. I'd be more concerned if it was constant but he only poos once a day, first thing in the morning, but it's like water and bright yellow. He's fine in himself, taking feeds and drinking water. I've given him no food since Friday. Would this require a visit to the GP? xx

Not sure how old he is, but I would say if he feeling better offer solids, there is no need to withhold food if there were well established on solids and feeling ok (providing he hasn't vomited recently). If he is only having liquid intake then his poo is not going to be solid, and if it's only one poo per 24hrs then that isn't diarrhoea. That's good he is taking his milk and water well! Keep going with encouraging fluids xxx

Oh ok! I feel silly for asking now. Never seen poo like it, goes all up his tummy, back and down his legs! Good thing he loves the bath. I'll try him with some dinner later. Thank you Hun xx

Could it be his teeth babe? I read when they are teething they can get the poops xxx

His teeth were really playing up the weekend, cheeks were ridiculously red and was chewing the hand off himself. Seem to have calmed down now but you never know xx

Awww poor Luca :( isaac gets it sometimes for no apparent reason, maybe it's just bugs and their immune systems not being strong! It never seems to bother him xxx

Teething can make them get diarrhoea type symptoms, it sounds like when Luca goes for a poo it's a large one?! And maybe that's why it's going everywhere?! Ps my first boy is called Luca! Lovely name :) he is three now!

sometimes little ones can get a bit of lactose intolerance straight after a bug - so it may just be his normal milk causing it. Hopefully it will settle soon.

tiggy we have great taste in names.

Thank you for the advice ladies, hopefully it settles soon. Saturated babygrows aren't what I want to be dealing with anymore, for a good while at least xx

I've been docs couple of times for that, they just check their bellies in case something is obstructing x

Really? I'll probably end up taking him on Monday if he's still the same xx

That's what they've always done for me! My little one has lactose intolerance symptoms during and after bugs (he's currently being tested for that and am waiting for the results!) but excess lactose causes the same symptoms which I suppose can be explained if more milk is consumed which is what he does with them type of bugs regardless if he throws up the milk too.. it's because the only thing he wants is milk..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back